Terran hate disruptors but somehow, widow mines are fine

So we are just going to ignore the fact that widow mines are faster, cheaper, cloak, and have nearly un-dodge-able missiles? Look, obviously they aren’t the same unit, but please use your head. They are similar in some senses and share similar issues. Seriously please try using your head.

There is a very good chance that this is an insane suggestion. I’m not saying that the solution is difficult, but you have to be crazy to think this is it.

6 Likes

Are you Gold or less?

LOL rank accusation rather than trying to disprove my point. Do better please

8 Likes

Can you at least put one second of effort in to see he is a 12 times master and Gm in team… Also, he’s right, you’re wrong. Begs the question… Are you gold or less :slight_smile: ?

3 Likes

People starting from at the very least Platinum can dodge WM missle with either Blink or WP pick-up.
Also at about the same skill level people learn that they have a unit called “Observer” that they can move with their army and/or siege at key location. Even more, these same people know about Revelation skill of an Oracle.

Since you’ve shown that you don’t know about these units and these skills, and said that you can’t do some basic Protoss micro it is a logical conclusion that you are at Gold level of play.

I expected no less from the most loud and biased balance whiner on the forum

1 Like

Could be boosted account.
I don’t believe that an actual Master level player but be spitting the nonesense he does almost daily

This is why I said nearly un-dodge-able.

In case you forgot to read or missed it…

2 Likes

Platinum Protoss players dodge WM missile 9 out of 10 times.
Diamond or higher level Protoss do this 99 out of 100 times.

Master level Protoss could even lift all WM with Phoenixes and they don’t even need to dodge.

I can’t pull off such micro that’s why I’m not in Masters. But I don’t go cry on forum “wheeeeeee WM is IMBA”. Have at least some self-respect.

Not only are those numbers complete nonsense, they also don’t mean anything. When I say widow mines are nearly un-dodge-able, I mean it in the big picture sense where units like zerglings, zealots, adepts, can’t do anything about it. Also, when ranged units come into range of a widow mine, most of them can’t do anything about it (except kill the widow mine, but that’s beside the point). Example: if a hydra walks into widow mine range, it can’t blink once the widow mine fires. You can walk away before the widow mine fires, but I wouldn’t really count that as a legitimate dodge on the level of blink stalkers. Do you understand what I mean now or are you just trying to steer away from the point? Also being inherently out of range doesn’t count either (ex: colossus, siege tanks).

Have you also watched BeastyQT’s widow-mine related series by any chance? When he is in the process of climbing, platinum and diamond players regularly get blown apart by widow mines - that includes stalkers by the way. You give the lower ranks WAY too much credit. I don’t even think the pros dodge things 99 out of 100 times.

Use your head

5 Likes

Its called split micro. People who can’t make it to level 20 of marine split should not be allowed to complain about banelings, WMs, Storm and Colossus.

Besides if we are talking about Zerglings and Zealots they usually charge into bio before WM fires, dealing more damage to bio ball than to opponent’s army - on ladder level, but rarely happens amongs the pros too.
I don’t whine about the FF damage because I understand that it was done to balance WMs.

Than WM dies.
Hydra have higher range.
If you walked your units onto the minefield like a moron you deserve to loose them.
Mommy Blizzard even made burrowed WMs visible by the naked eye so only really big moron would walk on them.

BeastyQT playes so much faster than low ranked player that they are just overwhelmed by what’s happening in the game and could not react to anything in time.

Actually, I’ve seen on stream of low GM player how he played against BeastyQT (not knowing that) who was making ONLY Phoenixes and Zealots. Not a single WM fired. BeastyQT lifted them all. As well as Cyclones. And somehow he managed to almost never loose Phoenixes.
Individual skill in this game matter more than anything.

I can’t remember seeing Parting or Zest loosing Stalker to WM when they were looking at them.

That’s not dodging. That’s minimizing damage…

Again that is beside the point

Like I said, I wouldn’t count this as dodging. It’s really sad that I’ve been giving you the patience to understand something so simple yet you lash out at me at every opportunity you get. Classic behavior of a T/Z whiner on the forums - you just can’t accept when you’re wrong. Always resort to crying when things don’t go your way. Because that’s all you’re good at right?

3 Likes

You are whining about WM like a crybaby, not me.

You and other balance whiners claim its OP while in reality it is you who just have low skill.

Next time you’ll whine that you can’t “dodge” marine damage

Neither one of these things is OP.

Edit: against Terran/protoss.

They are both bogus against Zerg.

Read above ^^ the only thing that can remotely be considered whining here is me “whining” about the hypocrisy on the forums i.e. the people on your delusional side of the argument. It’s becoming very clear that you have the reading comprehension skills of an elementary schooler…

This is completely beside the point of what I am talking about and you know it. Of course you resort to insults once again because you know you can’t refute any of the points I am saying.

Of course another random jab that is completely aside the point I’ve tried to make. Have you run out of things to say now? Perhaps you can accept the initial points I’ve tried to make. I’m not about to summarize them to you though, you can just read it over and over again until you understand.

2 Likes

the ‘until you understand’ part is the problem :wink: .

You made this statement and it is incorrect. WM missile can be and is dodged. Even at low level.

Besides there are 100500 ways to make WM not fire, make it deal more FF, or make it deal so little damage than it wouldn’t pay for itself

I have “refuted” your points but you keep changing subject

Its quite funny to hear insults accusation from a somebody who himself throws insults like candy.

That’s why I said NEARLY un-dodge-able. You are literally quoting what I just said and misreading it. Is English not your first language?

This is unrelated to what I’ve said, but I will add that the same logic can be applied to disruptors.

I’m not changing the subject at all, but you are. Here is the obvious proof in your own words:

2 Likes

They were both went through multiple re-designs though.

Mine – HotS beta Shredder which destroyed everything, HotS Beta broodlord killer with de-activateable autocast, tapered damage model, +shield damage, full damage restored, burrow invisibility removed.

Disruptor-- LotV beta crapruptor, improved disruptor, patch 4 insta-bop disruptor, then reverted.

“nearly” would mean that you can’t dodge it 9 out of 10 times, while in reality WM is dodged 9 out of 10 times at Platinum level.

You know that what you said is wrong, but your ego doesn’t allow you to admit it thus you keep changing subject and throw insults.