Terran exposed- very shoking

Just swap the pickup range with the drop off range. This would mean the warp prism can drop off units in riskier scenarios but could not pick up units in riskier scenarios. 1 unit giving all protoss ground units flying and blink for the cost of 200 minerals is simply busted. It’s insane that I even have to say that. It also provides pylon power and offensive warpgate usage. It’s a hero unit just like the mothership core.

People get mad that a 150 mineral queen can save a unit from dying through transfuse. Do you know how many protoss units a warp prism saves through the course of a battle? It’s a lot more than queens save.

Transfuse was just too good, so they had to nerf it twice. By that reasoning we need two nerfs to the warp prism. Maybe it should only be allowed to juggle-micro when near a pylon, like a queen can only tranfuse on creep.

1 Like

It never stops me to confuse, how everybody wants to remove any type of protoss micro and then wonder why they sit back at the base and use f2 aclick…

Warp prism micro can hardly be called micro. You are right clicking a single unit onto another unit. Make protoss do that with 5 warp prisms, like terrans have to do with medivacs, and remove the ranged pickup so that there is risk in doing “hot pickups”, and it will require skill to use. Right now the micro is very similar to medivac pickup micro, but way simpler because you’re doing it with one unit and with no risk. It’s not in the same universe in terms of difficulty.

A terran who misjudges things can end up boosting his medivacs into the enemy army and losing them. The warp prism has a pickup range that makes that outcome very unlikely. Protoss is designed to not have micro, and what micro does exist is just a super simplified version of what the other races have to do.

Switching the pickup range with the drop-off range would produce a lot more micro. The protoss could offensively drop off units in your face, BUT the warp prism would have a harder time rescuing them. That means more variability in the outcome. Protoss who use it right can get an insane reward from an offensive drop off, but protoss who do it wrong will end up losing the units and the prism for free. That will add micro to protoss.

1 Like

They’re just different, mechanically. Their spending mechanic (hold down Z) is really easy, but the spawning mechanic (injecting) isn’t.

It is what it is, homey. The fact that you don’t like it doesn’t make it less true.

You forget creep spread but anyway
Your argument that you have spammed a thousand times about why or not terran might be harder isn’t sound

The idea that literally every player, spread out across hundreds of thousands of players, everyone who plays Terran, just magically underperforms is probably a better one. Meanwhile everyone who doesn’t play Terran magically over-performs

Also, while we’re at it, every pro states that Terran is the hardest, whether it’s Showtime, or Polt, or BeastyQT or Crank are all a bunch of idiots that don’t know what they’re talking about.

Meanwhile, you, a hidden profile who “mains Terran” is the type of player who REALLY gets it.

are we talking about pro level, tournament play? sure, terran is mechanically harder there
are we talking for the rest of us? zerg is harder there

Holy delusional much batman… alright buddy ya every protoss player just happened to be worse than ever terran player for sure not a balance issue here. Your life must be fun as hell with the amounts of copium ur on rofl

serral is overwhelmingly good mechanically speaking, that’s why he dominated in the past despite zerg not being as good as people used to think.
same for innovation who used to read your mind and have amazing macro and tactical positioning taking wins that he shouldnt really have.
when will people realize that the top end of tournaments is anything but indicative?

Every pro player listed would beg to differ.

kowalski, can we have a race analysis of masters and grandmasters?

What happened to Trap? Went to military? Zoun as of March 2013. Classic? Stats? Zest? where are they after service. Yes tell me one protoss players that does as good as the terran or zerg players. Classic comes closest and yet I said after their service they are not as successful. You cans see that with Byun. The delusion is on you, Nightmare Creator maybe they cant win much because balance :rofl: . HerO: He wins vs Keen I see no upset, he loses to Cure, herO is below Maru and with Cure they are about even, and loses to Solar who is Z. Balance is closer than ever in TvP for T to not be UP, idk how PvZ is.

Kindly make an attempt at reading my post before you reply with an entire paragraph in the future

It’s been 10 years now, Terran’s OP condition is written in stone until SC3 comes out (if ever). GSL’s results are just that, the latest example in a long string of “duh” or mental gymnastics.

Keep in mind, Protoss started from WoL’s “I missed my main ramp’s defensive forcefield against stimmed bio OOPS GG” to scraping a GSL win over nearly half the game’s existence (lmao).

Of course it never helped that Zerg players kept barking up the wrong tree, but that’s a different story.

3 Likes

The game has been destroyed for a long time. I realized that whenever I turn a tournament on, I just minimize it on a second browser tab and barely even watch the game. It’s the same thing over and over. Wow 30 lings attacking a third nexus with 2 adepts and an oracle tucked into a mineral slot! Exciting! OMG HE CANCELLED 100 minerals! They are still both on 5 bases at 10 minutes in.

The whole concept of Protoss is (should be) a methodical and thinking race (low apm with some theorycraft) that relies heavily on micro and positioning. Instead, they neutered Protosses gameplay feel to give them shield batteries and super boring units like Disruptors. No, it’s not exciting to watch Disruptor explosions. Just rework them and call them Reavers and make their explosions cost minerals. ‘’

These units have spoiled Protoss players to the point where they have fallen in other parts of the game.

Except now SC2 is a 5 base game at 10 minutes. You rarely have time to micro blink stalkers, and even if you do, now there is such a huge defenders advantage there is no point.

However, Protoss professional players are also playing quite stupidly. Rarely do I see any type of army movement with mass blink stalkers near a zergs/terrans third where they blink and then instantly recall home. By the time the zerg/terran can come punish them, they now have a techy deathball. Instead, Protosses have defaulted to being lazy and using disruptors 24/7 and waiting around like wallflowers at prom until they have 2-6 disruptors. The funny thing is, Void Ray/Colossus[or HT]/Stalker/Sentry is still an incredibly powerful tool against zerg, but Protoss players have lost their balls so to speak after becoming accustomed to shield batteries and Disruptors.

Protoss players just suck and have been too spoiled by shield batteries to the point they’ve lost their marbles. Protoss players have also chosen to not abuse simple techniques like spamming Dts on the map with a warp prism DT harass, which even if stopped with scans destroys the terrans army and removes scouting potential, allowing a storm or colossus transition to be well hidden.

I say all this AS an ex Protoss grandmaster (when it counted and the game was still an RTS). I logged in recently to play a few games as Protoss, the race just isn’t the same. You’re forced to play a horribly boring and timid game. Can’t be aggressive with stalkers and do some cool micro tricks because if a widow mine drop comes in now I’m behind. Liberator comes in I’m behind. Cloaked banshee comes in I’m behind.

It used to be, you scouted earliesh and got a read on their gas, and the better player would make the better read and get ahead. Starcraft 2 you could scout the terran with 0 gasses and all of a sudden 2 widow mines are in your mineral line. Not that it’s hard to stop that, but it takes a certain part of the game away. There’s no more of those amazing moments where MC would be on the map with some stalkers and do some crazy micro ending the game before 6 minutes. There’s no more ‘haha I read you like a book’ moments where you pop a couple guardian shields and force fields and manhandle that Terran you are considerably better than. Now, that terran build 1-2 cyclones and presses ‘back up’ 2-3x and your push is gone and you’re behind.

That’s the ‘weird’ thing about strategy. You’d think with more units, on paper, there’d be more strategies overall. But in fact it just pidgeonholes the game. “He could be doing 1 of 3 different harasses, so now I have to camp at home for each one of them”. In fact, all of the ‘new’ units have dumbed down and ruined the game. Lurkers have no place in SC2 and were never needed. They simply demolish most deathball compositions at a 5-1 cost ratio and have 1 more range than they should. They should not have upgrades for burrowing faster either.

Do you really think a Lurker should have half the HP as a Thor? The game is dead for a reason.

The hilarious thing is, they took all the strategy and skill out of the game (other than being super fast and building counter units), to increase Esports profits. Instead, it killed the strategy and spectator elements of the game, and the game is now dead.

Koreans hate watching SC2. More koreans would rather watch a B-tier Starcraft Progamer with a double chin and low-T than GSL Finals on stream. More Americans would rather watch Artosis pretend he doesn’t hate his life getting weird text donations than watching the ‘best’ in the world play rock paper scissors. I mean Starcraft, whoops.

That’s the last point about the state of this trash game. There used to be a term for the game that was used when inferior players could beat superior players, and these terms rarely existed in Brood War. “Patchtoss, Patchzerg”. Right now, any random European Zerg who is second tier has a pretty solid chance of winning a best of five series vs a player like Maru, Clem, etc. Now you can’t even call these players Patchzergs or Patchtosses. It’s just Starcraft. The state of the game where you have 5 bases at 10 minutes and being in a random spot with your deathball and simply getting lucky a couple times will win you a best of three vs a korean pro. There are a few exciting situations, but watching 10+ hours of tournament play for 3 seconds of notable micro is just not worth it.

The most ‘pimp’ play in the past 10 years is Serral trapping a probe with his spawning pool. This is how boring Sc2 is to watch.

See while the idiot devs are adjusting the game by who wins what games … I have always looked at balance as a simple mathmatics so where ever you can use it. If this unit does that can the other race do this?
Are all races being punished equally for their mistakes or is 1 race… (TERRAN) getting mechanics and buttons that make up for their mistakes. As if they never made them.
Which is the case with supply drops, scan and mules.
Supply drops I do not need to explain hopefully.
Scans - this one is the most important. Its literally game breaking late game and it has decided the games at this late game stage for may pro games as well.
Terran gets free information wherever and whenever.
Also there is no need for scans to detect burrowed units. I think that is where it could be nerfed. Let terran make detection like the other 2 races and then they will actually have to be as skillful and at the very least be as prepared as a zerg or a protoss. You know instead of herpa derping threw the game with the EZ terran race and dropping scans all day while not being forced to make ravens.

Mules- Mules take no supply this means its imbalanced they can also save up to 4 mules on a single OC… this is ridiculous. Also you should not be able to make a unit that mines minerals or gas for free… If all races lose their workers because they were OUTPLAYED its ONLY TERRAN who can drop free workers… the other 2 races have to spend more minerals to get more minerals… as well as other costs… like for zerg we lose our larva meaning no military can be made from that larva.
Look at zerg if we miss an inject… we never get that time back… its gone forever. If a terran misses a mule drop… he simply drops them later and he “still benefits” as though he dropped them on time because the mules will still bring in their 240 minerals or whatver it is.

Another funny thing about Terran mechanics is they are all instant problem solvers and instant gratification. Do you need more workers? INSTANT MULES!

Look at zerg or protoss if they need more workers… they need to actually build them which for zerg sucks because we cant make an army with that same larva and also protoss needs to make them slowly even with chrono its not instant gratification or problem solving.
This INSTANT SOLUTION is a HUGE ADVANTAGE FOR TERRAN.
It means they can INSTANTLY SOLVE ONE OF THESE PROBLEMS and then go about their day doing other things like harassing you or using micro during battle or builging a perfect defense… or expanding…

For zerg it gets harder. Not only do we not get those instant gratification mechanics ours we instead of have things that take our time away from those other things. We need to spread creep… we need to inject. We need to scout (unlike terran who have instant scans) yes scouting takes time possibly 30 seconds and for zerg that means losing our overlords but more often its an overseer which 150/50 instead.
Terran got an instant solution which took them 1 click of the mouse to drop a scan… yet zerg had to spend 30 seconds scouting out the enemy and possibly not being able to see what they needed since you know… overseers can be killed…

again terran scans cannot be killed… you just have to stand there with your pants down so to speak… don’t matter if your units are burrowed or invisible … because a scan shows it all.!
Again it seems ridiculous imbalanced that scans reveal burrowed units.
I have a cool idea though.
Everyone is familiar with the radar right?
You know how the radar shows you a red dot and alert when it detects an enemy.

Well this is what a scan SHOULD DO.
Instead of showing you what is burrowed beneath the ground it should simply tell you that it detects something under the ground but not revealing exactly what it is.

But for anyone who has been here since Day1 you will understand that
TERRAN HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE EZ RACE.
They get it EZ and it has never been fair since day 1.

1 Like

Orbitals are so op that terrans win nearly all games 5 mins after first orbital right?

1 Like