Swarm hosts, more locust less rate of fire

So I was drinking again…I mean thinking. Anyway keep in mind I am a SP player.

For their size and HP they need some tweaking, a simple one is double their attack range or at least max it out to the total range of locust, sight range stays the same.

Have the Sawmhost make 10 locusts, but their damage only goes up one point when ground range attacks are maxed out, for the most part the get better rate of fire/cool down from unit upgrades. So starting out the cool down to make locusts is increased by 50%

locust fire rate is doubled so their total DPS is half the current normal rate to offset that locust target range is increased 30-50% so they can a get shot off before dying and balance out to current DPS levels.

First upgrade they get 25% reduction in rate of fire and cooldown, second upgrade another 25% reduction, 3rd upgrade they get plus 1 to damage.

Further balance they cost 4 unit points instead of 3.

Another train of thought is spawn 6 locusts at 3 damage each, up attack range by 30-50% and halve HP,everything else is normal so 3 damage upgrades get you double total DPS.

Whatever nerfs it to the point you can’t tear a protoss apart and the protoss can’t do anything about it.

I think they jumped the shark that jumped the moon…

I dunno even if I had 4-6 swarmhosts together they could not defend against a few zelouts and scouts with or without a hybrid, even when flying you wind up losing half your units. I put 4 siege tanks down and the only thing getting through are scouts(more so with nerfed LOTV Immortals, I mean in WOL the immortals where hard…LOL)

I keep thinking it should be more simple, protos has bad range on anyhtign but air units but decent damage all around but anything worthwhile is a an air unit which should have 50% more sight/range at 30% less shield/HP, Colossi should be doing half damage but have twice as much sheilds, immortals should have half as much shields(150 or so), but all damage for the first half is 10, their shield booster thing should make all damage 1 for 10 seconds with a 30 sec cooldown, zerglings will tear them apart without support, but toss in shield heal, shield buff and a some stalker or zelouts and they should be able to hold ground against anything for a bit longer.

So you offset that with acouple more units that heal or buff shields, a slow ground or air unit that buffs shields and helps regen, the drones are cute but you need an upgraded version.

Zerg have numbers but the trouble is the way they limit things with unit numbers its hard for them to be more about numbers than quality. (really should have have set it up that structures cost unit points, unit point max is 500 the tweak unit numbers a bit). But really zerg are very squishy without banelings they would get no where. Fixing the Swarm Queen transfusion to be stackable will help abit, also giving their life force to heal could be a way to manage it along with more energy, then have a brood elder or matriarch or something thats basically a flying swarm queen with healing and movement boosting radius, then limit it to heal mode its as slow as a overlord but can heal via transfusion without the HP cost and raises regen rates and movement speeds(dose not stack with creep) in a 7 or 10 radius, while in non heal mode its forced to use HP and energy to heal a single target, changing modes last as long as changing siege tank modes.

Even if you give it 200 health its still squishy since its armored and most AA attacks with rip through it.

That would help make up for a lack of variety in the Zerg, that or use morph to morph into banelords, coruptors and vipers, not to mentio use overlords/overseers for transport.

I guess what I am saying is you will always need a good combination of forces to fight but it seems you don’t REALLY need it just spam OP units inbetween mixed fodder to move along the map…uhg please tell me PVP is better than that?

I have a suggestion for Swarm Hosts. I use them regularly. I feel they are alright. This is my personal balance I would like to see implemented:

-1 on base damage.
Like 4 seconds or so taken off of cooldown.
…and, lol, toggleable auto-cast: suicidal aerial locusts:
like, if it’s on, they ‘scourge’ mode into air units.

The damage should be small, like 7 per locust or something, upgraded to 11 or whatever at max. Should be melee upgrades, as well, like sky B/lings. Splash is entirely debatable.

I like Banelings, I like Swarm Hosts, I like Scourge, I like Locusts. I feel if properly balanced, it gives them some “extra” utility, while nerfing their ground dominance somewhat. Just my thoughts.

personally i thought mutas were supposed to be good against sh nw ;___;

1 Like