Surprised No Discussion on Vorazun P2

I like it, fits with the prestige theme too.

1 Like

Vora is my fave. This prestige is not. I find it counterintuitive to how Vora’s units work. They don’t really do splash damage. They do single target but really really fast aka shadow fury. To take away from that just to add slow tinkery splash damage makes her less unique.

It also seems odd to keep calling a spell “disruption web” when its main purpose becomes damage dealing. This shouldn’t be done unless you’re prepared to change the name to “damage web”. Doesn’t have the same ring to it. :laughing:

It’s a nice workaround for late-game army when you’re facing upgraded Amon units so spell damage ignoring armor upgrades is nice. However, the early game would still be a nightmare.

:arrow_double_up:

1 Like

P3 is actually still pretty good it gives Vorazun INSANE late game power.

If P2 is as useless as it looks just level her up as a normal CO when grinding P2. That’s what I’m doing with all of the terrible prestiges.

Blizzard really needs to do a pass on a lot of these. Prestiges are a cool idea if the advantage is actually worth the drawback and it opens up a new playstyle, but Vorazun’s P2 is stupid. It gimps all of your combat units just to make your CC spells which are way more expensive and much harder to use deal damage that can’t kill.

It’s lame. It’s not useful. It might be ok for someone to mess around with, just to try it out but that’s all.

Yeah, I retract my opinion on P3. After testing some more after I made that comment, I found you can get away with having 0 ground army at all on more than enough occasions to make it worthwhile.

And that allows far more diversity than I tried with a few games prior to that comment. So absolutely, 20+ SG is all you will ever need to kill anything on the ground lol.

The TimeStop bug in P3 is fixed.

Also, P2 has changed a bit:

So P2 still sucks imho. The dmg nerf is 25% instead of 50% and it now affects heroic units too. But without stacking, I think it’s not worth any of the extra micro effort (“effort to micro”, not that it’s “a little effort”).

Adding:

Post-update, I think the only change that needs to be made to P2 now is for its effect to apply to Black Hole. That would be a very strong buff, I think.

1 Like

Either it applies to blackhole or give stasis wards super stealth

1 Like

Well that damage rebuff/less-nerf is at least something. The break needed is for SG and DTs to get to those swipe and die. That’s the main issue since that’s their only “pseudo AoE” tool.

Relying on Blackhole and Confusion is functional but not sustainable. I think this will help a bit for sure but don’t expect it to be spectacular (for anyone who’s leveling through it).

But what devs don’t understand is that, stasis ward/confusion/… will never be main damage source. It is most likely support damage and you’ll have to relly on regular unit tho.

Reducing the damage debuff from 50% to 25% is not enough. Something must be done to turn those fancy stuff into core damage mechanic.

So I’ve actually been looking forward to playing P2 after having such a blast playing Artanis P1.

I noticed after the initial backlash to the 50% damage penalty that it was changed to only a 25% penalty which maybe isn’t as bad? What I’m really wondering is that at least according to the wiki the way the penalty is applied to weapon upgrades that many units (being low damage, high attack rate units) will end up with about a 40% penalty because they only get 75% of their weapon upgrades.

Corsair
3.75 damage +2.25 from upgrades =6 damage against 3 armour reduces it to 3!
Regular Corsair
5 damage +3 from upgrades =8 damage against 3 armour reduces it to 5.

5 damage versus 3 damage is a big difference!

Unless I’m misunderstanding how rounding and weapon upgrades works in SC2?

Is confusion working on everything (flying, heroic etc), worth it overall? Or do the DAs get sniped too much?

Worth the occasional fun play.

Overall in performance it is basically useless. Dark Archon retention isn’t necessary the Achilles heel, so to speak. It is both the energy management, time required to wait, as well as any damage taken (so in part retention).

Confusion works on all but doesn’t stack, so pushing for certain timings is impossible because you will be waiting for the DoT to do the necessary damage. Then moving in (mostly with blackhole) to maintain army size and any form of damage (due to the reduction).

Basically, it is several layers are difficulty barrier that makes the overall operation harder. As a result, any remotely less than adequate player will fall short. And even experienced players will notice a clear nerf to performance compare to any other of her prestiges.

Haven’t done her P2 yet. I only did her P1 which was pretty cool. This was back in the good ol’ stimpack days.

half the prestiges in sc2 are garbage, either boring or just not worth using.

prestige 2 on vorazun seems everything that you do not want in sc2 coop.
reduces your damage, gives you a weak DOT that you can not stack.
boring, bad, bland, braindead, blizzard.

2 Likes

If Vorazun doesn’t have to destroy buildings then she is fine with p2.

Yes, I remember finishing her P1 and then scrolling down to see what P2 was. Didn’t really sound fun.

So I went on to start doing Karax. All 3 of his are good. Same with Arty, well not anymore. When Legate was good for a couple of days.

Good thing with Vorazun is that her P1 is good for leveling (only advantages until level 11, and after that it’s a subjective matter depending on the player).
So while it always is a chore to level up a commander over a prestige you don’t like *cough* Kerrigan *cough* Vorazun has it pretty good on that matter.

1 Like

P1 can be really utilized for hyper-aggressive map clearing.
If you drop a dark pylon in a big fight (especially with radius mastery, lol) it gives a 2nd life to every allied unit that dies plus that extra dps and shield/energy regen.

You will probably not need it when you got a huge army but early on it can negate losses and help your team overcome impossible odds.

Yeah I would give P2 a try if it didn’t cause all combat units to deal 25% less damage. In a different thread, people even talk about 50%?

It just seems like a half-a$$ed attempt at trying to make Vorazun more spell-focused.

I mean, 191 Gas High Templars for P1 Artanis are very expensive, but noone can deny that their storms are very satisfying. I haven’t seen anyone saying that about P2 Vorazun. So I’m saving myself the trouble of levelling up again.

P1 with full Dark Pylon mastery is fun though. They also help your allies. And I still rarely seem to run out of SoA energy. It’s really nice.

Don’t know why everyone give crap about Vora P2, I found it to be great, not as P0 of course but still very good.
Those who think that -25% dmg is the worst thing about this prestige then no, the gas cost of Dark Archon is still the worst aspect of it.
Luckily, we still have Zealot free dmg with dark recoil