Suggestion: Unclickable Alerts

Hello everyone, I would like to suggest a simple change to improve the quality of life during the matches: unclickable alerts.

Currently, you can only enable/disable alerts (Options > Gameplay > “Show Alerts” checkbox), but I like the alerts on the screen, specially if I am researching multiple upgrades (Ex: ground carapace and pathogen glands) so when a research is complete I usually check the alert to see what was finnished.

Unfortunately, the alerts when clicked move the camera to the place of the event. Usually it is not a problem, but some days ago I was microing my Infestors to neural parasite some Battlecruisers but accidentally clicked on an alert that was on the screen and the camera moved away from the battle. It is a thing that can happen to everyone (and very annoying when happens), so my suggestion is to make a drop list for the alerts (like the drop list used for control groups) with the following options:

• Normal (alerts enabled, clickable)
  • Unclickable (alerts enabled, unclickable)
  • Hidden (alerts disabled)
17 Likes

This was such a problem for me that I had to disable visible alerts. I really wish they would give it the same treatment as unit groups. +1000000000

10 Likes

Been saying this for almost 8 years now. Will it eventually happen? Hopefully. Hopefully.

5 Likes

same here - when you’re in a ZvZ in the middle of a ling/bane fight and THEN a drone spawns! Let’s take a good look at our new little baby drone and loose the fight…

5 Likes

I mean, we complained about Neo Steel Frames for years and years. Maybe there’s hope after all!

1 Like

#BLIZZARD! Do something!

YES.
This is an excellent suggestion. I turned alerts off entirely because… well… clicking them is awful and possibly game-ending at the wrong moment. I still want the damn alert though, it’s good information.

1 Like

haha how did you even find this post to necro?

Oh come on, man, there’s a topic for interface suggestions, why you didn’t write it up there?

and allow us to permanently keep worker/army counts visible

What you mean? Who are you?

Bump, still highly desired by the community.

2 Likes

This deserves bumping until it’s implemented. It’s the single biggest UI issue in the game IMO.

3 Likes

This is sorely needed. I had to disable alerts after I flew two banshees straight into a spore and group of queens trying to micro them back at the very moment an alert popped up.

2 Likes