Submenu bug (data editor)

Good day

Making command card, I faced with a bug. I have tried to add submenu, but every time i do it, the value doesn’t save. Every time i close and then open the command card, the field is empty.

So I had looked for solution in this site and found only one advice: the total overhaul of command card. I have tried this one and the result is the same: despite I returned command card to parents data, the field is still empty after closing.

Can u give me any advice?

Hi Artanis,

Can you give me some details on what unit you are changing the command card for? If it’s a custom unit, can you reproduce this on a blizzard unit … like an SCV?

Unforutanaly, this forum doesn’t allow me to post screenshots/images (for some reason, no idea).
This is blizzard-made unit. The button must open the submenu with learnable abilities (typical wc-3 hero)

Delete the space and follow link to see a screenshot
ht tps://gyazo.com/0ba4a1335ae64b7ca6ecef6f9f92f707
the empty value should contain a number of submenu, “2” or '‘0002’ or any else

Funny, I’m literally putting together an Archmage from war3 in my map. I have this part already finished. Comparing …

Before I continue, I recommend opening a new map, and loading up the Co-op dependency. This will allow you to view the hero Dehaka, which has a learn ability exactly as in warcraft. You can compare your setup to that hero (this helped me a lot when setting up my archmage)

The only thing missing in your screenshot is the Submenu setting that you already know about. Lets go through a checklist of things …

• Can you tell me which unit you started with? (for my Archmage, I started with the Terran Marauder)
  • Does the second submenu still exist after your save attempt? (click the “1” dropdown at the top to see)
  • Learn ability itself:
    – is of type Learn with parent CAbilLearn (this shows up if you double click the ability itself)

Here is the general setup for mine:

• ht tps://gyazo.com/3082d965d7a8f648219806e28332a084

I played around with my learn ability, and I was able to reproduce it if I tried to set the submenu field to “New card”, which clearly shouldn’t work, are you by any chance trying to use “New card” (which is always the last option in the dropdown) ?

Funny, the solution was founded during submenu exsistion checking. For unkhown reasons, this bug happens only if default submenu is used (unit i started with have 2 submenu by default). If manmade menu used, all things are good.

ht tps://gyazo.com/9f4f8e73ac6269f0ff111a400d7ea552

Its kinda weird that blizzard, after almost 10 years after release, still didn’t fix that.

Good to hear you found the solution.