what if, there was an upgrade on the engie bay that made supply depots cloak when burrowed so you could do supply depot ambushes where the depots would prevent an army from retreating.
Taking apart any balance implications (who the hell knows where the game would end up), on the creativity and fun aspects its a solid 5/7, so nice idea. I like it!
That would be so cool and funny
honestly i doubt this would be unbalanced i think it would be used about as often as baneling mines, maybe to make it better it could also shove units off of it like the prottoss force field
But if they’re burrowed, you can just walk over them.
no dude when they are burrowed you cant see them, and when units walk past them they would get trapped
That chit would be legit, but blizzard hates fun and would nerf it immediately.
So burrowed like a zerg burrow where its cloaked right? You would have to put something like that in a obvious entrance path to make sure they actually do go in it, and how would you make sure the entire army gets trapped? Thats at least like for a medium size one, twenty depots. 2K minerals, and if the enemy army is, fairly large then they can shred through such an idea. Which if I say am zerg, I need only break through 4-6 depots to get a huge clump out. I would say its better if its both cloaked burrowed and un burrowed, that way if there is a lack of detection it keeps them trapped for longer. Forcing say a overseer to go over to them, and by that time, perhaps your army has caught up and dealt the killing blow to the bases while they were trapped
I support this message