Stukov Prestige Ideas

Stukov’s prestiges are pretty good to focus on a specific strat. The frightful fleshwelder makes mech even better and the lord of the horde makes bunker plays even stronger, but they don’t really change the way you play him.

Here are some ideas I had of prestige for Stukov that could bring new strategies:

Advantage: Stukov is now a hero on the field that has his abilities scaling up with the coumpound level. For exemple, at coumpound level 0 (no upgrade) he could have the ability to spawn 4 Infested marines, but at coumpound level 1 he could spawn 4 additionnal infested civilians. Infested missile turret would get a weak anti ground attack.

Disadvantage: Stukov can no longer produce infested bunkers.

Advantage: Stukov can now build an infested Bio dome (accessible after building an infested armory) that can be used to produce special infested. (Hunterling, Kaboomer, Chocker, Spotter and Stank)

Disadvantage: Stukov has no longer access to the Apocalisk and Aleksander calldowns

Advantage: All of Stukov buildings can spawn for free each 60 seconds a group of infested civilians/Volatiles and infested marines

Disadvantage: Stukov Bunker now cost 6 supply instead of 4. Infested Marine cost increase to 25 minerals (I’m taking in consideration that the 15 minerals marines are going to stay) and infested mech cost increase by 30%.

Advantage: Stukov can now plent down Virophages that can attack enemies like the bile launcher of Zagara and that can boost friendly structures (like chrono boost) with a bile stream.

Disadvantage: Stukov’s units cooldown is increase by 200%.

Finally, for the plague warden prestige, I would love it if it could also work with the infested liberator by sieging it up to launch the infested infantry.

I’d really like Stukov as a hero too. One possibility would be to give him Wild Mutation in order to interact with and aid his infested infantry.

It wouldn’t be much of a stretch since the hero model for Stukov already exists. One prestige option for Zagara, who is a hero commander, turns her into a non-hero build. I don’t see why we couldn’t have the reverse happen.

I agree that commanders being a hero on the field can be a prestige. We could even try Artanis and Karax for this.

2 Likes

Definitely would like to see artanis on the field replacing a top bar ability or something. No top bar active abilities in exchange for healing would be very cool. Karax seems interesting as well, though his 1000% building speed will need to be nerfed (maybe in AoE? Or have it active for a limited time? It already overlaps a bit with Chrono wave and combat Chrono wave unfortunately).