Stop pairing Hard with Normal and Casual

Or give us the option to choose if we want to pair with them. I will take a longer queue time to get a more enjoyable match since I already instant bail when I see a normal or casual player to re queue.

FrostyDog,

The vast majority of players play on brutal. (For example, in the last ~1200 games I’ve played, I was paired with an non-brutal only twice.) Unfortunately, that means there are far, far less players in the lower difficulties.

You might be willing to wait extended times for an equal match up, but not everyone is. And it seems that Bliz’s philosophy is to get people into games rather than making them wait.

That said, the game ended development over three years ago, meaning developmental changes are no longer being made to any parts of the game.

2 Likes

I dont even know what his issue is.
Especially in the hardest mutations can that be a good thing, because the difficulty gets tuned down but you still get the full bonus + exp for your chosen difficulty.

1 Like

OP plays the game on Hard difficulty, but they don’t want the system to pair them with players from Normal and Casual.

I have read that, but the point is missing why he dont want that.
Does he think the players who queue on that difficulty are worse?
Does he think the game becomes harder because of his queue with them? (Even when I mentioned that it actually becomes easier for him)
Or another reason what exactly disturb him by queueing with them?

If it were me, I’d say because Normal and Casual game speed is noticeably slower than hard and brutal.

As someone that moved up to brutal from playing in hard since the start, try to improve and be able to hold your own in brutal. The speed is constant and there are more people queueing.

how can you tell when you got paired with someone from a different difficulty?

Several ways…
—By context
Mode is noticeably easier than usual
—Different difficulty levels of what’s selected vs. what appears over mouseover on your ally
For example, you select Hard. However, when you mouseover your cursor on your ally’s stuff, it says [their user handle] (e.g. ackmondual), [building] (e.g. Solar Forge), and [difficulty] e.g. Brutal

2 Likes

Never noticed it say anything but Brutal. I always wondered if that’s an actual indicator. :thinking: