Stop joining brutal with your lvl1 Karax

Ok here is what I do.

I did reset some of my commanders for prestige leveling.
I level them on normal or hard for a few games a day.

When I’m done playing I join with my max lvl commanders to do brutal match.
I see some lvl1 Karax or zagara or some raynor and I immediately alt+f4 :smiley:

It’s what you deserve you freebies :point_up_2:

9 Likes

Hey man! A good Raynor can handle Brutal just fine on level 1.

Though yeah, unless you find the difficulty you’re on with a lvl 15 a breeze with the CO, it’s probably best to drop to the next difficulty down. Especially from Brutal to Hard, they have the same speed and everything these days.

3 Likes

Are people really that bad at Zagara? I don’t understand, she’s one of the best commanders and easiest to play… These people HAVE to be queuing up with their Prestige on that doesn’t even work at level 1 and ONLY provides disadvantages…

Zagara is a brutal destroyer at M90 but sucks at low level.

3 Likes

Man i was hoping the new prestiege would save random Que Raynors, but there’s either, they’ll hold their own and go 50 -50, or be some of the HARDEST carries in the game, like 20 raynors LITERALLY being like a whopping 5-20% of total help, requiring you to defend basically 4 bases while leveling your lvl 1 commanders.

See while raynor has a decent amount of tools and a good player can do fine at lvl 1 hard / brutal with them, like 70% of players who do raynor at lvl 1 are doing it since they’re f2ps, and have no idea what they’re doing, or play raynor for the whopping 46/ 800 kills battlecruisers (and even of those 46 of 800 kills, guess how many come from just if they afked the entire game, you can get like 100 kills in a single banshee calldown easily with him. ) There are so many dead weight 5-20% total kill raynor players or “Get own base nuked, doesn’t scan” raynors or “lvl 456 mastery, doesn’t take their own expansion” raynor or “builds 87 barracks at start of game, builds a whopping 6 marines by 10 minute mark raynors”

Look im not kidding when i say, Something is cursed about Ally Raynor. Played well he can certainly wreck easily with just a little mules or knowledge put in. Somehow even with the +100% hp bio you see people somehow miraciously manage to fail the bare minimums and when their army isn’t the problem, they make no base defence or don’t use any cds and die. Or they decide they want to do the mass bc strategy leaving you with no contributions from the raynor minus a unrepaired 1-4 bc fleet dying to 2 hybrids at the 20 minute mark.

There’s just really so many people, idk why, maybe it’s the free campaign or something who play raynor who really shouldn’t be that would probably be better off just going Artanis + mass dragoon instead. Especially in the weekly brawl. The fireworks just hard counter Raynor and 95% of pugs, he’ll be a 0 supply commander the whole game no matter what he does. Marines will instantly blow up, medics blow up, He dies before bcs come out and bcs die as soon as they engage. Just leave if you see a lvl 1 raynor in the mutation, it’s not worth it unless you want to solo the thing while defending 4 bases.

1 Like

No free banes till level 7, no instant lings till level 12, scourge gas cost not till level 4(not that bad but still an issue before hand)

1 Like

This is certainly true, I was more facetiously trying pointing out that Raynor at level 1 has all the kit he needs to do fine in normal Brutal. Provided the player knows what they’re doing, which in the case of Raynor certainly is less common than other possible COs.

Personally I wish prestige levels would also display the player’s mastery/acension level. At least it gives somewhat of a better gauge between “actual level 1” and “played thousands of games”.

Low level Raynor is still quite good.

Karax on the otherhand…

1 Like

OP is just not wanting to give people a chance to do stuff. He’d be missing out if he ran into me with Lv1 Alarak lol.

6 Likes

Correction, Level one Raynor is capable, but 70% of the people playing him at level 1 could find a way to light a bathtub on fire if left unattended for two minutes with crayons and a stapler.

12 Likes

Lvl 1 commander complaining that his ally is also lvl 1, because both of them are rolling the dice and hoping a high level will carry them…

6 Likes

There are plenty people at A1000 level who can’t play well either and need carry. I just don’t see why carrying a level 1 is worth that carrying A1000.

4 Likes

Level 1 karax, sure. But you decide to rage quit when your teammate is a lvl 1 zagara or raynor? Just so you know, lvl 1 zagara and raynor can do brutal.

Ermmm no…

Raynor can, but Zagara is absolute crap at lvl 1.

4 Likes

Instant leavers are just as worse as lvl 1 commanders expecting to be carried.

Im just so glad that with a 2 base starting condition youre just as able to solo a brutal mission at lvl 1 :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

On average It will probably be easier and more sucessful for me at lvl 1 if players that lacked the confidence and skill to do brutal just left so I most certainly hope you feel inclined to do so because I’d hate to have to carry someone on brutal while at lvl 1 without the double resources I’d have gotten if you left

3 Likes

Karax can still build energizers and clear waves with solar lance. At level 4 he gets reconstruction and mech mind control. Low level Karax is more than capable of pulling his weight, especially after you unlock cheaper units prestige. If you can’t win with an ally like that it says more about what kind of player you are, not Karax.

2 Likes

The issue I see is that all these level1’s who can’t handle themselves still keep trying to face roll. Not going to be able to do that with 5 sentinels, 20 marines, or 20 Banelings.

Engage everything as a team to have an easy time and to be able to get past that level1 hump. Otherwise, it’s gonna be a quick gg.

1 Like

People sure have some interesting expectations.

I mean, what would happen if you had to actually cooperate… in Co-op?

1 Like

I really don’t understand, I had 0 problems starting level 1 Zagara on Brutal. She’s one of the easiest commanders in the game to play. I am not amazing at the game or anything either, I’m just wondering what people are doing wrong.

I think there are just a lot of returning players right now who are rusty, or people who don’t realize what they are losing by going back to level 1. Being level 1 can even change the build orders people are accustomed to.

As for Raynor, I hope people ARE leveling with his 1st Prestige turned on, it’s one that is actually really good to level with. It’s important that people DO NOT level from 1 with Zagara’s 1st Prestige on.

There’s no doubt that some commanders are weaker than others at level 1, but Zagara is not one of them.

4 Likes