Stop all these chinese spam bots

I know the game is dead and all but please sc2, co op txt channel is literally filled with Chinese spam bots in KOR server. I don’t really understand why block list has a limit but I maxed time long time ago and now I have to go on an endless journey to report all these bots every time I try to find someone to play mutation with. Get rid of block list cap or get rid of all these spam bots please.

1 Like

I am sure when they are banned a new one just pop up so I don’t think there is a real solution, banning these players actually hurt as they remove themselves from players private banlist by creating a new account and continue spamming. Just like you I have lots of them in my list but new ones just popup (even with the same user nick name as a blocked one) its endless.

Perhaps stop counting banned users from the private banlist from the maximum limit could solve some issues, but banning new spammer accounts whenever you get online is still a hassle.

Edit: Blizzard need to create a moderation bot that automatically shadow block players from chat (don’t tell them they are blocked) whenever they repeatly posting similar text on chatrooms. That can be helpful.

Like non1337 mentioned, there’s no way to effectively prevent illegitimate accounts from spamming, similarly to how the antimalware industry can’t prevent all malware. As soons as one is dealt with, a new one replaces it.

Ignore lists can be periodicaly cleaned out. The older ignores on the list have a good chance to gone so they can be cleared every now and then.

AFAIK, a moderation team could deal with that. However, Blizzard doesn’t have the resources (nor wants to) to devote to the game mode itself, let alone a moderation team.

Is changing your region too much of a drop in game performance? It’s pretty quiet in the Americas region.

1 Like

I tried a new game just for kicks and giggles. Didn’t know which region to pick, so I figured I’d go with Europe. Only played one game, on Brutal with a lv1 Karax no less, but it was still pleasant. “hi gl hf”, ally covered well, I did what I could, and ended with a “gg”.

Makes it sound like I should avoid the China server, and possible Asia?

China server doesn’t exist anymore. With the only exception of DI, no Bliz games exist in China anymore.

I’ve been playing on EU quite a bit recently. It’s comparable to AM. I’ve never been on Asia.

Wasn’t asia already merged with America? I used to play in SEA region but it got merged to America now.

It doesn’t? Huh… I can’t actually get into it, so that seems spot on. But why is it listed then (Americas, Europe, Asia, China)? I guess it never got removed?

Further supporting that is on the login screen, you have US, EU, and KR.

SEA was initially its own stand alone region separate from Asia. But yeah, SEA was merged with AM (aka US) a while back (2017).

My guess is that because SC2’s development ended (2020) before Bliz ended business in China (2023), no one is around to recode the region selector. For comparison, the launcher (which is kept up with the times) has the right regions.

2 Likes

Far as I can tell, the answer is “no”.
There will never be stopping bots, or creation of any accounts for malicious intent as long as this game remains free to play.

Out of curiosity what are those bots spamming in a dead game anyway? Coop level boosting? Lvl 1000 account selling?

1 Like

Mostly this 20 chars

That’s hilarious. 20 chars

Yep!

is that what they are selling? i also see them spam there msgs in chat but it’s in Chinese so i had no idea what they where… People actually pay for leveling? Whats the point in even playing the game then?? lol

on the Americas server, I got one that said…
星际威望特惠2元一层(sc2),,套餐72个威望+免费送精通130全包,(sc2)!保证百分百安全,无需担心任何问题,精通杨升私聊v:zydg-201 q:2320708449(免费解答所有外服注册充值账号安全问题可以加我详细私聊。)(cuteal)(cuteal)

Google Translate has this as…
Interstellar prestige special offer 2 yuan per floor (sc2), package 72 prestige + free delivery mastery 130 all-inclusive
Guaranteed 100% safety, no need to worry about any problems, proficient in private chat with Yang Sheng
Free answers to all foreign service registered recharge account security questions can add me for detailed private chat

… so, I guess they’re selling you accounts with full prestiges unlocked, and reassuring you it’s safe?

actually I remembered opted out of coop chat so that’s why my chat box is pristine lol.

In fact, they are using script+wemod to cheat and upgrade at an extremely fast speed

After stopping the update, these robots are very rampant on Chinese servers, but without administrators, we can’t do anything, and reporting has no effect at all

Now, these robots have expanded to other servers

Perhaps there will be some changes that Microsoft can make after its acquisition… I hope so