https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-judge-temporarily-blocks-microsoft-acquisition-activision-2023-06-14/
Ran into the above by accident, don"t know how reliable the source is, but see no reason to doubt it as there isn’t anything that’s worth lying about…I guess.
Some extracts:
WASHINGTON, June 13 (Reuters) - A U.S. judge late on Tuesday granted the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) request to temporarily block Microsoft Corp’s (MSFT.O) acquisition of video game maker Activision Blizzard (ATVI.O) and set a hearing next week.
Microsoft and Activision must submit legal arguments opposing a preliminary injunction by June 16; the FTC must reply on June 20.
Microsoft said Tuesday “accelerating the legal process in the U.S will ultimately bring more choice and competition to the gaming market. A temporary restraining order makes sense until we can receive a decision from the court, which is moving swiftly.”
I’m still wondering about stupid things, like will we get a pre-Windows10 logo spray (the blue dead thing is boring, no need for that one), or if we will be able to exit the game by pressing a start button first…yeah trying to things about it seriously, requires an optimism I’m lacking these days.