Still no 21:9 support I'm guessing?

This is only a modern title made by one of the most successful gaming companies, and yet doesn’t support Ultrawide. . games 10+ years older will support my aspect ratio but heaven forbid STAR CRAFT TWO does

1 Like

Really, games made in 2000 and before natively support your ultrawide on a consistent basis? Because UW’s were barely in circulation when this game was released in 2010. Dev work on it started years before that, when UW was not a consumer product at all. I’m surprised you have found many games from before 16:9 ratios that are natively supporting that. Considering I have a fair collection of 90s pc games and struggled getting them to use 16:9 let alone UW, natively, I find this…well…unlikely.

Dead game will get 0 support. I am not surpised if they remove 2560*1440 support. They removed support for starcraft mouse keyboard and headphone years ago and all I got is cucks cheer for abandon years old hardware claim it can somehow make the game better. F Blizzard and F their fanboys.

Is 21:9 even made for fullscreen gaming to begin with?
Shouldn’t resolutions stretching the display horizontally be for playing in Windowed mode instead and have “room for the rest”?

You clearly don’t understand what Ultrawide is or how it works…
It’s not “stretching” the image, it’s extending it granting more screen space, take a 16:9 standard monitor and grant it a couple extra inches of screen space on both sides more or less.
You always want games to be in fullscreen or borederless fullscreen, but exclusive fullscreen is better for performance.
We want Ultrawide support to utilize the full screen space instead of having black bars on the left and right side of the screen going to waste…
The game forces a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Imagine you’re watching a movie and you have black bars on the top and bottom, well an Ultrawide monitor doesn’t have that, it utilizes the full screen space.

1 Like

What is with people wanting to pay for advantage/win video games these days? Does ‘competitive’ mean anything anymore? Well, you probably would really enjoy some cell phone games.

1. ActiBlizz has ultrawide in Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Call of Duty, Diablo 2 Remastered, Warcraft 3, Warcraft 3 Reforged, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, and probably others I’m forgetting.

2. Many other competitive games use ultrawide such as League of Legends, Dota 2, Apex, Fortnite, etc etc etc

3. We don’t even need it in competitive play. We just want it for campaign at bare minimum.

2 Likes

I dunno, if they fixed it or not, but even OW2 didn’t support 32:9… in classic blizzard fashion they’d rather alienate gamers on certain hardware in a vain attempt to promote it as an e-sport. I always love having more free online competitive games to cycle between when I start getting sick of one or another. But if they’re gonna give me black bars on the side because me, a filthy casual, might have a competitive advantage with an extra 10 degrees of peripheral vision, whatever, they don’t deserve my business then.

I know you posted this nearly a year and a half ago, but since somebody bumped the topic I just thought I’d mention D2R doesn’t support ultrawide. It did support it in the Alpha but they changed it to a max of 19:9 in the final game with black vignettes applied to the screen edges for 21:9.

The higher resolutions would lead to monsters being able to be seen and attacked by players outside of their AI activation radius and thus they couldn’t retaliate.