Starting The Game takes 5min or more. I need help

My Starcraft 2 game takes 5 or more minutes to launch.
This has happened since I started using Battlenet years back on 2 different gaming laptops and now my gaming desktop.

I keep getting stuck at the white window with a green loading bar, and have no choice but to wait for it to finish whatever it is loading.

I’ve tried basic fixes (Restart PC, Reinstall game, Reinstall Battlenet client, Update Game, Update Battlenet, Change Regions, Closed all other running apps, Lowered Graphics settings when exiting game and tried starting again, and some I don’t remember that involves deleting cached files)

What worked for me was uninstalling the game AND client, then deleting every relevant file EXCEPT for the one that’s usually stored in Documents. I don’t remember exactly how to locate every relevant file, but it helps to use the %filename% search. Once you are sure you’ve deleted everything (again note: do not delete your account files in Documents), then you can reinstall the game.

At least for me, the reason why the startup (and shutting down) took so long was because my computer had a hidden cache file that had been continuously collecting junk over the years. This horrific cache file somehow got to the size of either 10 GB or 20? I can’t remember exactly. It didn’t even appear to contain anything important. It had just become bloated for who knows what reason.

Once I deleted that and did a clean installation, the game could start up and shut down much quicker than before. If this doesn’t work, I’m not sure what will. Maybe your computer specs are outdated

Just found something out, if I disconnect my device from the internet, the game runs to to the log in screen in just 10 seconds…

I think the problem is with connecting to Blizzard Servers, I’m still currently looking for a solution…

Hey Flick,

There was a thread a few years back with some work arounds to that type of issue you’re describing. You might check that out here:

Tried this fix, still didn’t work…
Thank you for the help though…
I think this is close to what I’m experiencing and will continue to explore around this fix…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.