StarCraft II crashes every time I wake my computer from sleep

Every time I put my computer to sleep with SCII running, I get one of the “fatal error” boxes upon waking my computer from sleep. Idk if it crashes while sleeping or while waking, but it’s there every time. The latest code the box gave me was 72770F05-75F6-4314-BB47-C762167BEB8F (I always report the details and then reopen the app).

I’m assuming you are on a Windows OS.

Some areas you need to look into:

• Has this happened previously? If no, when did it start happening?
  • Have you made any new changes to the comp (e.g. new software, new settings, reinstalled SC2)?
  • Do you have any settings in which it keeps programmes running in the background or while sleeping, etc?
  • Do you have a lot of saved progress / custom game banks? If not, you may want to consider a reinstall.

Why would you put your computer to sleep while SCII is running to begin with?
It means memory is saved on disk, then restored, but then things like timers or based on time could be messed, and since SCII is one of those games taking cheating and hacking far too seriously, it’s no surprise it could reject inconsistencies that way.

I’m assuming you are on a Windows OS.

Yes

• Has this happened previously? If no, when did it start happening?

Yes. I don’t recall if it happens every time I put my computer to sleep, but I think it’s at the very least been happening on-and-off since I first started playing SCII

• Have you made any new changes to the comp (e.g. new software, new settings, reinstalled SC2)?

It happened both before and after reinstalling SCII, on both my old and new laptops.

Do you have any settings in which it keeps programmes running in the background or while sleeping, etc?

Not sure what you mean by this. How do I find this information?

• Do you have a lot of saved progress / custom game banks? If not, you may want to consider a reinstall.

All the progress that I care about is tied to my account and saved on Blizzard servers. But reinstalling SCII didn’t help last time, and my laptop is only like two months old.

Why would you put your computer to sleep while SCII is running to begin with?

Because Alt-Tabbing out of SCII is easier than waiting 15 seconds for it to exit when I try to exit normally rather than kill it from task manager. And because I’ve occasionally managed to get it into a state where SCII hangs on exit such that I cannot focus any other app (even though Alt-Tab will bring up the app switcher), so I can’t actually exit SCII without hard-restarting my computer, which is a pain. I only ever put my computer to sleep after Alt-Tabbing out of SCII, and SCII is always in menus when I do this.

I think it is reasonable to assume that due to how your computer handles programmes when put to sleep, your OS is the issue. Therefore, I’d probably suggest that you speak with Windows to see how they can resolve this (especially since the issue is on 2 laptops).

Well, I’m not too well versed in Windows. Like for Mac, even when sleeping, I can set it up to periodically check my emails and receive them if there are new ones.