StarCraft II 5.0.13 Patch Notes

StarCraft II 5.0.13 Patch Notes

We happy to push 5.0.13 to which features a variety of Map Pool Updates and Balance.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Post Youth making it into the map pool is an absolute travesty and an immediate veto for so, so many reasons. Terrible map.

Keeping all of the mine-changes is a bit much, can’t see that going well in the long run, but some of them are good.

2 Likes

I thought they would keep that 2+ upgrade for cyclones they were talking about. But guess they just wanted to nerf terran even more but ok.

Is there any change that got reverted coz i can’t remember on top of my head.

Cyclones were “going” to get +2 damage per upgrade. That has been revoked.

Cyclone scaling upgrade got reverted, and so did the feedback buff.

1 Like

well they say toss vs terran is bad, but dont see anything that will change that and make it a litle more fair, guess microsoft actualy solving things was a nice dream, left a dream, well back to wargame red dragon and red alert 3

The same usual patch from ZergToss balance team

making Zerg still heavily dominating the game
Letting Protoss play while drinking coffee vs Terran

a lot of mine nerfs and making cyclones easier to deal with for toss wasn’t enough for you?

Happy 14th aniversary of constant Terran nerfs everybody!

2 Likes

let me tell you something about terrans, i have no ideea of its combos units etc, only what you learn from campain, yet if you look at my profile i manage to enter master on eu server by simply spamming any kin of units, just spamm, me and a budy playn togheter, just spamm units, easy master, do you call a clas who let you enter master by simply spammin with no brain and strategy balanced? mines were never such a big problem for me, the overall opness of every terran units and the simple fact that all it needs is spamm make me hate the game and wish microsoft would left this company rot in silence

Balance counsel realized they couldn’t nerf zerg anymore, so they decided to hit terran with the nerfs in the hope that it might make protoss win premier tournaments. I 100% guarantee that was their reasoning. There is a giant skill gap between top level protoss and top level terran/zergs, and, up until now, it’s been zerg’s job to be nerfed into oblivion to give professional toss a premier win. Now terran gets a turn to carry the load.

Toss is still insanely busted vs zerg. Tonight I played several 1-army-hotkey GM protoss. Beating them was as easy as putting a lurker on the right base, causing him to move his whole army out of position, then moving lurkers into the left base and spamming abduct. If these players ever figured out how to use 2 hotkeys, they would never lose another game of SC2. That’s the thing that’s most terrifying about protoss. Protoss in one location is bad enough, but protoss in two locations is totally unmanageable. The only thing standing between toss and a tournament victory is the ability to use more than 1 army hotkey. Stats did it in the GSL and just eviscerated Dark. Dark looked like a clown by comparison. The sooner they stop nerfing terran and zerg, and realize the issue is 100% skill, the better. It can’t happen soon enough.

By the way, Stats is about 6300 mm on KR and Dark is 6800. So Stat’s PvZ is punching 500 mmr higher than his average performance. Toss is absolutely off the rails crazy against zerg. Now Terran gets the same treatment. Yay. Don’t terrans feel so very lucky.

1 Like

So basically your balance team are full of low level Protoss and Zerg players? or at least Terrans players have no rights to decide the final version.

Hello

With the new patch that every one is happy about , someone forgot to take care of old replays. I was surprised I can’t open old reps from patch before and I can’t cast tournaments that just happend before . Any one got solution for this kind of problem ?! And would be nice to avoid it in the nearest future .
Kind regards
KillerBee

With SC2 replay system this is not possible.
Replays in SC2 are played in such a way that they basically recreate in-game events chronologically as they were saved during actual game, this means all game logic, collision detecion, damage calculation etc must be equal to a given patch. If you’d watch replay with a wrong patch, it would be impossible to recreate course of the game.

Great now all hard work goes to hell . I know that was possible before and now no one give a damn about it I gues

Not sure about tournaments, but old replays still can be watched. After confirmation from the user game downloads old patch - unless there is something wrong, like some bug.

:eye: :biting_lip: :eye:

But what this patch shows is more nerf for Liberator - why? Has no counter from toss blinkstalker or what?

Cyclone I see mostly nerfed so where is the ‘we didn’t want to nerf it too much so here is a little revert’

Yes I mean why Protoss cant win is it really in these balances? Or perhaps that the whole design of protoss is so flawed that if someone can deal with their tricks toss players are doomed and can’t win/ By that logic nerf everything to the ground to help toss players win because they cannot make tricks anymore.

I really mean it, besides few 2-3 I do not think top toss players are playing on the level of top T or Z players. And that goes all the way to the rise of Trap and Stats before their service. So now they nerf other things to help toss players win just a little bit bcoz they are doomed to never winning.

Sadly there is a bug …
i got automatic respons that this patch doesnt support replay and cant not be played…

aah, you mean VERY old replays from Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm ? If so, then yes, these are considered deprecated and there is no way of watching them until you download Heart of The Swarm version.