StarCraft II 5.0 PTR Patch Notes

I’m really excited about all this but I would still much rather have Wings of Liberty Master Archive and a higher difficulty for co-op without the bad mutations.

Tried out the game start timer and it felt clunky. I personally would vote to not have it.

Note: These achievements can be earned on any difficulty above Normal. However, they are designed to be scalable and are possible, though extremely challenging, on even Brutal.

What does “designed to be scalable” mean?

2 Likes

A difficulty level selection system like Diablo 3?

just glad to see starcraft 2 is still getting big updates. thank you, devs.

1 Like

This is really investing resources in the right place: campaign and coop where most people actually play, and not watch, the game.

As much as people whine about ladder balance, it only take minor adjustments to balance the races, at least in the grand scheme of things. You can’t do anything drastic like rotating units in and out for ladder, because that will create balance nightmare since even with fixed units we see fluctuating win rates every month. With these changes I hope we can bring more players back to SC2 for Blizzard to consider making a good Starcraft 3.

1 Like

How about you be a little grateful for something new considering the challenges you are clearly unaware of!! Balancing SCII properly should be no surprise, there is an active system of balancing, and its an ongoing balance process and is a ridiculously complex task to do. Its not balance for just you’re interest. Go do something else if its not ever going to be “good enough” for your greed and selfishness… just stay away from other people, yeah… go play campaign by yourself good idea…

1 Like

This is so cool. Thank you for continuing to support one of the last true RTS games. I still remember the day I waited outside of Best Buy to purchase SC2 on release night. Good times.

1 Like

Thank you for being spot-on with how this works for such a complex gameplay structure.

I was there with you somewhere else in the world… in spirit haha good times indeed!

1 Like

Lol 10 years was like 1 day from Wings launch

Wanting a game to be balance for everyone is selfishness. ok how about we leave the game in the state that it currently in and you just go and eat a…

Nah… I’m good thanks though. I will appreciate the game the way it is and progresses to long-term and being in such a well-established and balanced state as it is. I respect the hard working devs immensely behind the scenes for what they can do in the milestone and weighed demands they have to make the community happy.

:smiley: Adapt improve or it not yours you know

• A new genre has been added for Arcade maps called “Campaign”.
  • StarCraft II now supports transitioning a multiplayer lobby between two maps.
  • Editor Improvements (Introduced in the 4.13 PTR)
  • A new campaign achievement has been added for every mission in Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void, and Nova Covert Ops.
  • Game Server Choice on Lobby Creation
  • New Announcer: White-Ra “More GG, More Skill”
  • Co-op missions Commander Prestige

Nice ! Thanks for giving some love to every aspect of our ten years old RTS, SC2 team ! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

new campaign achievements. wooh.