StarCraft Brood War Is Much Better Than SC2

that TerranIISc guy or whatever the hell his name is claims to be amazing at BW but if you check his profile he’s clearly garbage at SC2. Yet for whatever idiotic reason he’s become one of the most popular posters on the SC2 forums. I think the original poster has the right to say whatever he wants.

I’m a regular BW player and LOVE the game, very little SC2 exerience. But My GAWWWD BW was soooo f’n good. Ok, roast me on why I’m even commenting. BUT SC/BW forever bois. Forever!

3 Likes

I started on SC BW and it was and has been my favorite game of all time. Now with SC2, I actually prefer it much more simply because it’s more user friendly, and you basically just have to deal with less issues, this is critical to me since I no longer have the time to dedicate as much time to it as I used to (even though I have over 6000 games played on SC2.) Lately have been playing 2v2 exclusively and it’s been a ton of fun, but need to get back into 1v1 laddering.

1 Like

Attempts were made to create alternative versions of SC2 using the SC2 map editor and making units mimic the dumb behaviors of units in Brood War. While such attempts were initially met with hype, they quickly fizzled out.

It’s just not fun for some of us to play with clunky units where half of the skill lies in how well you can make them not be dumb.

i vote for brood war. keep the change, not just the bucks!

urr duur my 1998 game is better than the new one… ok boomer, it’s just nostalgia and you know it… BTW starcraft 1 music is silly AF

there are many hard counters in BW. For example, if they are massing zerglings, you are not going to mass dragoons since lings counters those hard. Zealots counters lings pretty hard.

What if I told you…Vanilla SC > BW. Corsairs = Cheez Win, Valks aren’t so bad, medics add to infantry cheez and Zerg gets shafted with extremely Niche unit. These units were support to help balance the game but honestly it was a turn for the worse IMO. Shoulda just BALANCED THE GAME.

Cept for the Muta. Better turn your speakers down a little for them.

@OP If you like it enough to watch it on twitch, Arto is streaming now.