Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty Campaign - Breakout - Cellblock B Bug

Hi,
I was replaying the campaign and I was doing the mission “Breakout” and when I tried to enter Cellblock B with Tosh the entrance was blocked by some invisible wall. Because of that, I am unable to enter the cellblock to complete the objective and thus get the achievement.

11 Likes

I have this bug as well. I’m using the latest version V4.11.1.77474. This is new behaviour because I’ve already completed the campaign once, and am replaying it again, albeit several months later.

I’ve tried on both normal and hard difficulty - I can’t get into the second barracks on either.

2 Likes

I was just going to post about this. Also on version 4.11.1.

The workaround is to just nuke it, since that has a long casting range. The tanks won’t be able to leave the cell block, but you’ll get the credits reward.

Here’s a video of the bug (after nuking to clear): - YouTube

is there an official fix for this. This isn’t a beta and I can’t play the game right?

i also have this bug, would be good to get a fix

also had the bug just now, december 04 and not repaired yet

like it was said higher, just nuke the ennemies and the objective will be done but it should be repaired…

and when you free the prisonner, they go in char and cant go out of the prison, they are stuck at the bugued entrance

Had same issue with current version;
I just nuked cell block B for the objective but I saw siege tanks generated from there could not got out.

Just hit the bug and as I sided with Tosh I do not have nukes :frowning:
Hehe. As soon as I posted this I moved onwards and then had access to nukes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can confirm, experiencing this too. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one! I thought I was going crazy at first, since I had played the campaign before.

2019/12/18, the bug is still there.
It wasn’t like this at my first playthrough though. I can’t finish the mission in 20 minutes on Hard without the siegetanks, please fix it.

I have experienced this bug as well, replayed the mission in case it was a one time bug, but it is persistant no matter how much I reload it

Push with the units and work ahead where you can by using the shield. Use your nukes intelligently (I recommend one on the Thors, one up the ramp just past the Thors where all the tanks and bunks are, and one on the Barracks). I used my last nuke to unlock the siege tanks, but you could use it on the factories if you don’t want to bother getting all the objectives. Also, the cheevo is for 25 minutes, not 20.

imgur com/7aZ6e0F

If I can do it, you definitely can. I believe in you. Just think of it as a self-imposed challenge. Breakout is my favorite mission of all three of the campaigns, maybe you’ll learn to like it too.

I also just hit this bug, it’s like there is an invisible wall blocking it off.

Yep, someone broke the pathfinding

Bugged for me as well

bugged for me as well , you can nuke it to get the bonus objective done , but the siege tanks cant get out to help you, so its pointless if only going for the 25 min achieve

Just want to drop in to say that Bliz is aware and has it listed on the known issues list. Now it’s just a waiting game for it to be fixed.

2 Likes

From the year 2020, bug still not fixed, waiting patiently still to be able to play the mission.

2 Likes

It has been more than 2 months. I don’t think they care…

1 Like

Still broken, two months after being reported. Makes things harder on brutal, because the tanks can’t get out to help win.