So first time logging in in 3-4 years

Wow this game really fell into activation mode… individual unit skins for 2.50? I MIGHT play this dead game if ALL those skins were free and available. Instead of fostering a community, they are killing any hype for a starcraft 3.

I thought Hots and OW monetization (wow I love how blizzard spell check says monetization wasn’t a word LOLOLOL) were bad… I am actually furious because I was a huge blizzard fan and I was wrong when I tried to get my friends to play blizzard games…

Won’t play free game unless optional skins which give no advantage are also free, okay then. Free game too greedy, bye bye.

11 Likes

skins are pretty lame ngl, but no ones forcing you to buy them.

2 Likes

Says the poorest user on here haha!

If you were smart enough to play the WoW auction house and save up millions of gold for WoW tokens, you wouldn’t need to pay for any Blizzard product ever again. Haha plebs

Wow is dead, no point in playing that dead gaem anymore.

You can buy for 10 euros a pack for all unit of one race but you should buy it when he’s out or the price increase after 4/5 months. It’s not expensive compare to other game.

Every expac has been about the story and the races. The story is done and all 3 races have been covered. So that’s the end of the line for SC2 expacs. However, it’s still being developed and receiving new content, meaning it still must generate revenue. With there being no more expacs, it now falls to the the little DLCs to do that. Complaining about paying for the individual DLC prices is the same as complaining about paying for an expac, which wouldn’t make sense to do.

That is your browser’s spell check… not Blizzard’s.

10 Likes

Another scrooge who thinks everything should be free. Let me guess: you think Blizzard should make everything free and just run ads between each match.

Please go back to Economics 101.

2 Likes

I bought each expansion on release date.Now sc2 is f2p… i got scammed literally of game. They ruined team games, the main thing i played so ive quit ladder. Later on i joined in co op, but they barely added any new content to it. And not to mention these skins are overpriced af, every co op commander 5$ wtf ? Bought some stuff of course. I bought that nova campaign on pre-order in hopes they will do more… long story short, i regret buying things , because we didnt get anything anymore useful. As an old ex-blizzard fan, i hate this new activison Blizzard with passion. Scum company

2 Likes

Well it wasn’t a free game to me, I sprang over 200 dollars on this game. Probably the second most guilty thing I’ve ever done, second to supporting a slightly more evil company, Apple - then again its probably number 1 because of how much more money I’ve given that fruity company.

I dont complain about costs because I cant afford it, I dont give money because it is the only way to protest Activision, because they certinaly dont listen to the people on the forums! Swarm hosts still exist, RIP SC

Well they need some extra income from the game. The game is getting very old. Alot of things are free now… and it’s just the skins. They doesn’t give any advantage. You don’t need to use them. I have some (few ones that was free to unlock) but I don’t even use them because I prefer original units look.

There you are absolutely right.

Yeah my main exception with them charging for skins their awful developer mmr/balance maintenance and the new units that ruined this game. The amount of money they make from these microtransactions far exceeds their value.

What is the value of destroying this game? Certainly not even the bare minimum version of what the expacs costed. I want my WOL money back for purchasing HOTS and LOTV, lol.

I’m slightly angry only because I always stood up for this company, like you, but they have done us dirty. And I’ve wiped my hands of blindly following. Look into their company culture/practices and this becomes easy to do.

bunch of bernie bros in here. it costs money to maintain the game. would you rather pay a monthly subscription to keep the lights on?

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right, you only paid for access 10 years before it would go f2p, totally a waste of money. I’m sure if they told you “just wait 10 years, you can play for free then” you would have just waited. Totally sure.