Smurfing ruining games

Well, thankfully, you have the condescending prick thing down. Learn how to play, then you can stop crying about your tiny wee on the forums. The game is 12 years old, there is no reason to be trash anymore, watch some youtube vids.

Science says the opposite. Google Scaffolding or Vigotskij proximal learning concept in psychology/neurosciences, you learn through challenges almost on your level, and just a bit harder. Once you master that level you can learn from the next step. This is why at 15years old you don’t do advanced math of university. Can they bring you phisically in a room of university? Yes, they don’t do for this. Science does not care about the excuses of pro streamers that have to justify their bad behavior, just because they earn. Science follows just the science.

The smurf just stole 15-20 mins of your time, you don’t learn anything (you can find the build on youtube or pros twitch streams). Stop lie.

4 Likes

The fact that we have to argue about smurfing, and we have people defending it, just goes to show how widespread and accepted it is in this community. Like I’ve probably said in the past, it paints a perfect picture on what’s wrong with this game’s community. Smurfing is scum behavior, but it is praised by the majority. I’m not going to argue about whether it’s allowed or not, but if this discussion has revealed anything, it’s that people not only are okay with smurfing, they also encourage it.

We have people here preaching that they are improving because of smurfs, yet are hard stuck low diamond for who knows how many years. You can’t argue with people who can’t even see how little their words hold up in reality. It’s hilariously delusional, and all they can do is cry more about it. Reasoning, evidence, and consistency always wins. I’m not going to put in anymore responses unless I see something interesting.

3 Likes

Here is another genius who ignores (hopefully unintentionally) the concept of consumer responsibility and service provider responsability.

I wonder how in 2022 you can have your brain so blocked that you don’t understand that to guarantee the cleanliness and use of your elo service (elo, deviation standard = mmr, matchmaking, are these concepts familiar to you? No? Google it, you learn ) are not the end consumers themselves, but those who provide the service. The service has to be guarnteed to all users, not only whose you think deserve it.

For you, cultured of 2022, it is just an opportunity to come here and (trampling on your own rights) simply insinuate negative meanings (crybaby, poor, etc.) to those who legitimately point out that the service provider is not fulfilling his duties (despite being paid to do so).

You are so predictable in your arguments, identical to your counterparts (git gud or leave) that you will not address any of the following concepts:

• consumer rights
  • duties of the service provider
  • standard deviations / elo / mmr
  • scaffolding / proximal development
  • that even if some of these who complain about the problem become very good the problem would remain because the starcraft elo works in terms of percentiles of skill, in master you will always find 15% and in gm 0.5%, and all, bronzes too, must have the service provided in a fair manner.

You will answer some junk about how useful it is to get busted by someone in a ranked that you joined by virtue of finding you opponents of your level, that the fault is ours alone (85% of the population, from diamodn downwards) that we instantly do not become strong to the point of no longer finding smurf. (since your answer will actually be something like this you can also answer yourself with this text).

SC2 isn’t book learning.

Starcraft is 90% muscle memory and 10% “book smarts”.

You’re not going to play the piano by only ever playing chopsticks.

You get better at playing because you’re not training your knowledge of the game, your training your awareness, reaction time, and intuition. This happens regardless of whether or win or lose.

Ok, use another example, with kids playing soccer, or kids in russia learning chess. Choose what you want, scaffolding is compatible with all human abilities, for learning to walk, then run for babies, as well for military aeroplane pilots. (it’s pretty naive to make a note like that, you could have used google)

The mere fact that I have to specify these trivial, elementary obviousnesses means that you do not have the simplest rudiments taught in compulsory schools.

You, like your counterparts, can only see the pro streamer smurfing without being able to carry out any reflection activities.

Dude, learning how to catch a football has nothing to do with who is throwing the ball. it could be your dad or Troy Aikman.

If you aren’t catching the ball, it’s not because Troy Aikman threw it to you.

The same hold true for SC2. If you are losing to a cannon rush, it because you need to get better and defending cannon rushes, not at defending cannon rushes from (insert protoss ladder pro).

You’re not reading a book to learn how to do surgery. There’s no prerequisite knowledge or skill that you are missing because you are too low rank to understand what’s going on.

It’s more likely that you are losing because rather than look at the replay and figure out why it is you lost, you want to blame scary “smurfs”. That way you don’t ever need to look at yourself for the answers.

1 Like

No, lol. There are gym of sports in whole world since centuries, wonder why? Military service for years, wonder why?

No, lol. You have to read a lot of books for a lot of years. And a lot of practice (with scaffolding method), for years.

Are you sure that you live on earth?

You are more naive than I thought, it is my fault that I waste time having to listen to such nonsense. If I had been in your place, and wanted to ridicule myself I would not have found a better way.

Congratulations to you and all your teachers, they can really be proud of what they have produced.

You’re like those kids in the classroom who claim to “learn differently” then everyone else but also just so happen to not do the work.

I have little doubt that all these “smurfs” are just your way of soothing your easily bruised ego whenever you lose a game.

1 Like

If you are on earth planet, also in your classroom your teachers follow methods that are based on scaffolding.

Scaffolding-based teaching protocols were born thousands of years before the discovery (or rather theorization) of the concept itself.

The only different learning was yours, or rather, lack of it. Back to school, kid.

You can learn all the things you need to learn about playing SC2 (the scaffolding) in an afternoon.

The rest of it is training your body how to respond intuitively and without consciously thinking about it.

But sure, keep only playing chopsticks while crying about how you’ll never be a concert pianist.

1 Like

You are not producing a single exact word, your (like that of your counterparts) biggest problem is your unwillingness to learn. You’ve technology, use it, google, wikipedia, use it!

Sc2 = scaffolding?! You have not understood a pipe of anything, you have not even bothered to use google. Look, look, I’ve already given you too much time. I ignore you

Never said I want to be platinum/diamond/master. Just said: want to play my matches in bronze against bronzes (for example), is my right as consumer of elo a regulated game (you don’t know what’s a elo system, or at least in math terms).

But have you even read just 1 post? Why do you accuse your interlocutor of things that he did not say?

You are just another warcraft ogre who sees a post against smurfing and does not think about the obligations of those who provide a service, the rights of the consumer, but only to rage against those who rightly complain about a better service (also for your benefit). Go back to the Tanaris caves on warcraft with the other ogres, and write in the sand, it won’t hurt you, “practice”.

You are in ignore, if you need info or answers you have a whole thread

1 Like

Just an FYI for anyone else paying attention:

Vygotsky wasn’t a scientist, he was a devout Marxist. Marxists are only good at one thing, making more Marxists.

Is it any wonder why this thread reeks of “I’m soooooo oppressed by these smurfs!”

I am not obliged to.There is nothing wrong with being trash in sc2. I can play in low leagues and my right is to be matched with poeple of similar level. Maybe sc2 is your whole world, for me its just entretainement

2 Likes

So you say you played pros, so obviosuly you were at least close to their level, so it was NOT a smurf siuation. So apart from bragging that you played pros, this statememnt has 0 relevance to this topic.

Also repasting my previous post regarding the learning from smurfs bull***t, btw im still waiting for a reply/counter to this , when i posted it before.

No you dont learn anything from smurfs.They arent usually 300 mmr more then you, they are 600 but most often 1000+.And you dont learn anything because they use “funny” but pretty bad tactics that only works because their apm, macro,micro is light years ahead. So all you learn is “you are to slow” and “there is no way you win”. An example Are Void Rays USELESS After the new patch? LOW APM Challenge Protoss - A StarCraft 2 Guide - YouTube . Winter playing against a zerg smurf, that employs only zergling strat.Winter was playing slow , as his apm challenge and he lost, but the point is a low plat player will learn nothing from it, apart from being frustrated, thinking ,maybe zerg is broken, that he cannot win and maybe better go play another game.

1 Like

If you are so casual that you don’t care about your rank… play unranked. You’ll never know the difference.

1 Like

Dude, in 2011 I was bronze. It didn’t stop me from having a great time.

You are your own worst enemy.

1 Like

No. I like to play ladder and advance at my own pace. And im not thrash, even tough elitist like you will prolly say it, im dia3 on eu, which means im better then 60+% of players.I was just saying there is nothing wrong with being bad at sc2 in general. Also rank doesnt say it all, there is plenty of poeple that use one cheese or cannon rush to advance quickly, but i would argue they dont know really the game.

And sure you went to a tournament , MLG Providence Open Bracket, being a bronze player.

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2011_MLG_Pro_Circuit/Providence/Open_Bracket

https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2011_MLG_Pro_Circuit/Providence/Open_Bracket_Losers

1 Like

It doesnt say that you were bronze… Anyway i might believe you, and that it was fun. but Im still 100% sure that you didnt learn much,. unless there were more poeple close to your level.

Im still waiting to the counter to my arguments about learning from smurf being false, otherwise plz drop this tired , tottaly false argument.

1 Like