Smurfing is for scumbags

It’s not fun going 50-50 in ladder when your first two games are losses to a scumbag who just left 15+ games in a row before the 10 second mark. I’m only in D2, and I face accounts like this every day. It makes the Ladder completely pointless. Thanks, cowards.

8 Likes

It sure is bud, it sure is. Sadly, even saw Noregret doing an abusive streaming of a new account yesterday.

Let’s bully on some silver and bronzes! 24 HR Stream! That’s what they do.

3 Likes

Smurfing is out of control to the point where it is highly encouraged by Blizz itself. Like I’ve said many times, I would go as far as to say it’s one of the top contributors as to why this game is dead. So much bullying from the high level players towards the low level ones to the point where content creators regularly make a content out of beating up people 1k mmr+ lower than themselves.

2 Likes

No streamers did this before free to play. They would buy new accounts to play on. Blizzard also would give out accounts to streamers, for the streamers to then give out to viewers. Some streamers just kept them for alt accounts.

1 Like

Get to GM status.
That’s the only way.

2 Likes

“I swear this is for a purely educational Bronze to GM series.” My favorite excuse I see for high level players smurfing; never mind that they could just do showmatches against their viewers, hell they could charge for that, and get the exact same effect without ruining the ladder environment.

6 Likes

Yes, they did, but before f2p, smurfing was significantly lesser issue due to the fact that every new account was paid. Now that game is free everybody can spam new accounts like crazy. At this point it’s even impossible to tell how many people play the game if half of all current accounts are smurfs/alts.

3 Likes

That’s the problem with F2P games; smurfing becomes common.

2 Likes

60% of my games are against smurfs.

-plays unranked.
-0 games on record
-320432apm

It’s not completely pointless, since they can highlight holes in your current play. Yet, it’s certainly not a pleasant nor a fair experience. Those wastes of a player don’t realize they are in fact killing the game by doing so.

That why I created a thread regarding that phenomenon, to inform the players, and possibly draw the devs attention. If you think that issue is concerning, voice your concerns onto it. :slightly_smiling_face:

According to some, the smurfing would noticeably drop since D1.

I don’t think there is a league where there are 60% smurfs. Yet, occasionally the randomness of the matchmaking could place you against such amounts. And the worse league tier regarding that had 49%.

You’re in PLATINUM. Smurfs exist in your level for ONE game after that they are directly in diamond for 25 games until they hit masters. At that point they can no longer compete against people so they make a new account. Its a disgusting joke these people just do the same garbage all in builds all the time and will never ever be good at the game.

Its the only way that they can feel good about themselves. They lose game at their level and need a confidence boost.

Also content creates. They can’t have content on look at this cyclons works at their level so some GM or even Master rank player plays a platinum or diamon level player and say look Cyclons work.

In reality we know they dont… Looking at people like beasty.
You get only one to GM pass per season. After that you are trolling and doing this for content when the crap you do really doesnt work. but leave to the gullible people that follow theses types of people and believec their strategies are valid.

These type of builds aree good for one thing and one thing only. to try something new but dont expect to rank doing it.

1 Like

Not always, you have to think things through.

What happens when 2 smurfs vs one another and one loses?

What happens if they auto quit a match to someone with a Dark Voice portrait?

And so forth.

It’s not just 1 game but at plat you don’t see them too often.

If you are frustrated I can recommend some excellent Blowko videos.

out of the 5 games I just played 3 of them were smurfs.

so to the scrub in platinum telling me I’m wrong when i say 60% of my games are against smurfs you know where to go.

The funny part is one of them lost flying his medivac all in right into my vikings.

My NA account is 3.5K MMR, which isn’t platinum. But as I didn’t hit the 25 games, and didn’t feel the need to, it’s still in provisional MMR.
My EU account is currently between 3.1 and 3.2K, but for some reason I am being matched with 80% of diamonds. I recently tend to win a lot of them btw. And occasionally, even some smurfs, though they ruined my ratio lately.

What you’ve described here are non freelosing smurfs, who are about one fourth of the smurfs. A majority of smurfs do freelose games either regularly or in streaks in order to avoid getting to a MMR where they’d find a suitable challenge. So they can stay indefinitely in diamond, platinum, gold, even bronze 3 if they’re willing to.

And that is why gold and bronze3 are probably the leagues where there are the most smurfs. :mag_right:

Back at the guy who complains about smurfs without ever understanding they were freelosing.

If you want facts, there is a 100 posts thread linked just above which includes detailed randomized surveys about smurfs in 3+ leagues. Those surveys are way more accurate than your lifted finger personal estimates could ever be. If you just want to keep crying though, be my guest and just remain a ranting ignorant. :roll_eyes:

Isn’t that the guy that attempted to troll the forum and then called us noobs for saying toss was broken and then a week later played with toss and said he doesnt care if he storms his own army.

the same person that turtled to air toss and A moved zerg and then said they could get GM with toss. which is higher than his Zerg.

That guy is a legend

They can quit 50% of the games to stay at any MMR (and they can do it as unranked so they don’t actually lose the ranked MMR they can see and maybe care about)

Excuse me but does Diamond league even exist anymore? After ~1 month break I played 7 games today and every single one of my opponents had been throwing games before the 1:00 mark. One of them was previously GM. That person told me to “leave the game when you should” and also to “kill yourself because no one would miss you”. All in all a great experience.

1 Like