SC2 talent continues to decline

Anyway, continuing my story. I once had a chick over. She’s a lawyer and really into hearthstone and MTG. It makes sense, right? A lawyer having all the niche cards / abilities / effects memorized for MTG. Well anyway, we were chilling on my couch as I cooked some food. My android TV has an option for “play last” which happened to be ruffs stream. She asked me if I’d played him. I told her oh yeah quite a few times. He opens rax on the lowground with no reaper nor scv scout and 9 times in 10 he will go for ghosts off his first rax. Probably 75% of the time he goes for a double starport build, almost always bcs and sometimes he goes for a 2 base tank thor allin. If you proxy a hatchery he has absolutely no clue if you are being aggressive or just blocking his natural. Ghosts take forever to kill a hatch so he has to make marauders which are 110% useless. You go 5 hatch before pool on the back of it, make overlord speed before zergling speed, and scout his main. It’s literally impossible to lose to ruff if you do this. After every time I clown all over him he sits there angrily confused about how he could have possibly lost. Rofl.

She was like wow that’s like metagaming. Do you have all the playstyles of all your opponents memorized? I was like well you know not really and she changed to another streamer and asked me about them. Same thing. She was like, no, that’s not metagaming that’s beyond metagaming. You have every single one of their playstyles mapped out in your head. I kinda shrugged and was like nah girl that’s just metagaming. She’s like nah you’re thinking 15 steps ahead and understand how they think better than they do. I’m like yeah that’s just metagaming and she rolled her eyes.

We then shared a $1 frozen pizza that I added extra cheese to.

Lineups being weaker is meaningless when taeja’s runs are against top koreans. At Bucharest he went undefeated vs inno, life, and sos. DH Winter he beats patience, mma, and life twice. DH Summer he beats patience, jaedong, and liquid hero. Shenzhen he beats life, mma, jaedong, solar, and zest. And these are just some of his major tournaments. Yea he got knocked out by pigbaby once, but you know what pigbaby had a hot tournament.

Meanwhile, who’s winning gsl’s at this time? Roro? Soulkey? Dear? I’d put taeja above these players any day of the week.

1 Like

The thing is that when you play in GSL, you have to run through these players and then more. Yeah, Taeja is like a GSL semi finalist or finalist, which is accurate being that he regularly made semis when he did play in GSL.

HotS-era taeja would win this GSL, no doubt about it. He would have absolutely clowned on Zest and be in the semi finals right now. What’s Rogue gonna do? Taeja smoked a far more powerful Zerg (life) basically all the time back when Zerg was 10x more powerful than the weak-kneed zerg that exists today. You just gotta blow on it a little bit and it falls over. Taeja’s more like a hurricane. It’d be like Mike Tyson taking on a grandma.

1 Like