SC2 News Update - No More Commanders

That’s the max for one channel. There are multiple channels when it overflows

1 Like

ok good to know. i thought 180 seemed really low.

Good job Blizzard on killing another Classic which is still have a rather high active player base. Especially if you compare with other competitive games in the genre.

1 Like

Activision wants every employee to be squeezed to the max so they can make the maximum amount of $.

They do not care about maintaining franchises and fan bases.
Its all about padding the fat cat checks and shareholders pockets.
As soon as the well has run dry they will scrap it and move on like parasites.

2 Likes

Well it was a blast while it lasted. I never going to forget when i first started playing the campaign missions. The mystery of the races, intriguing story, high polish. Usually when i played rts there was always something missing. Lacking great voice acting, monotone missions, not enough combat, so much build. With sc2 everything was nearly perfect.
It was always meant to end.

3 Likes

So this final revamp is not going to happen? Zeratul and Mengks lost a lot of appeal to me thanks to the nerfs.

2 Likes

Revamps aren’t content, those are just changes.

3 Likes

A pitty. Unfortunatelly I won’t ever be able to play with my dear Izsha and Hanson, neither will the so requested Selendis be able to be chosen.

But we have weirdos or arguable decissions like Stetman, Han, or father Mengsk instead or Valerian.

And others even with changes still very monothemed like Zag. If they expect ppl to keep playing they need to bring more revamps and really listen to change requests.

I will probably keep playing a bit from time to time but already consider it a dead mode and boring after some matches.

1 Like

Even if they offer stimpacks every now and then I am uncertain how I feel about it.

If the money is actually going into SC2, then sure. If it just goes to another project I don’t see the reason when I don’t even think the other games is even worth my support.

1 Like

They already did the final revamps though?

1 Like

Yeah, the same thing I’m considering, especially after Microsoft releasing AOE3 DE and news about AOE4 roughly a year ago.

I also play a bit AOE2 DE though not much. I like SC2 a bit more.

Those nerfs were the revamp. It happened months ago.

3 Likes

RTS has been stagnant for a decade. It’s sad that most of what we love go wrecked.

4 Likes

You know it just occurred to me, Blizzard only said they would be ceasing all “PAID FOR” content.

That doesn’t rule out new missions since those have always been free.

Let’s campaign for more new missions! We already have plenty of CO’s IMO (I mean how many more unique and fun playstyles can they come up with?) we just need more scenarios to put them into.

Let’s be positive that they will still be balancing the commanders after this.
D3 entered maintenance mode a long time ago but still see a few number tweaks for equipment in recent patches, so here’s hoping that they continue to do so in co-op.

3 Likes

When I read this, that feeling when in the end Amon won the war, despite all his lost battles with the commanders for all 5 years. I think fans of those characters who could not become commanders such as: Tosh, Iszha, Selendis, Overmind, Tassadar, etc. even more upset by this event, because those who loved this mode never managed to play for their favorite characters, and I really understand all their heartache.
En Taro Coop! You will forever remain in our hearts! :cry:

3 Likes

They said no more paid content AND only balance and fixes when NEEDED. I wish it would be different, but they made it pretty clear.

1 Like

They never said they would be ignoring Co Op completely. They said they were going to continue doing season rolls and balance fixes, because that’s the largest concern to the largest part of the community but they didn’t say that was the ONLY thing they were going to be doing.

Then they would say it. But they didn’t. They were pretty clear on what they would do (maintenance) and “think about SC as a whole”.

Sadly, there will not be more missions or anything.

1 Like

Feel a bit sad, but I have to be fare here, CO-OP had an excellent run. Five years of quality content isn’t something a lot of games can boast these days. I’ll still be playing every now and again. Left 4 Dead 2, for example, haven’t seen any new content in 10 years at least, with barely an update here or there. It’s still very much alive with lot’s of people in lobbies. I don’t see why SC 2 should be any different, even without new commanders or missions.

So long as there are people playing (for the sake of playing fun RTS), nothing is over.

1 Like