SC2 logs out of desktop when quitting the game

2015 Macbook Pro
OS 12.6.5
2.8 GHz quad-core i7
16 GB RAM

For the past 2 days, when I quit the game, I am logged out of my desktop.

Attempted without resolution:
Restart computer
Reset PRAM + SMC
Reinstall SC2
Start and quit SC2 with all peripherals unplugged (mouse, keyboard, ext monitor)

Any other ideas?

Hey there,

So this is pretty unusual, I’ve not come across it before but I suspect a few possibilities.

1. You are indeed inadvertently logging out of the desktop. If you are using a shortcut to exit the app like Shift-Command-O Shortcuts List
  2. Another program on the system is interfering in a way that causes the system to logout of the desktop and the game is just tripping over that when you are logging out and closing the app.
  3. Your inactively timer to auto logout may be set fairly short or not recognizing some activity within the game.
  4. Some Mac User account issue causing it to confuse one action with another.

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Our clients do not support installation on encrypted drives using programs such as File Vault. There can be issues installing, updating, launching or connection issues due to the encryption. If drive encryption has been enabled, please disable it and allow the drive to decrypt: Blizzard Support - Checking for FileVault

Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.