[RESOLVED] [BUG] [Triggers] Game loops at wait time action

Hello from France,

I come here on US forums for a potential bug that I found out recently with a recent update, I presume.

In triggers, I set in a custom action, with option new thread, an instruction “Wait Time”.

General - Wait 0.125 WaitTimeType seconds | Where “WaitTimeType” is a parameter of the custom action.

During a game test, I set a breakpoint with the trigger debug window on this instruction and the next instruction to be executed. I execute a trigger which contains this custom action with an entered chat string.

HOWEVER, when the game reaches this breakpoint and when I resume from this breakpoint, the game loops infinitely. I have to go Windows task manager and kill the process.

EDIT : One more thing, at this point, both the game and the debug window are in a “No response” statement.

Why this happens whereas this custom action was functional before version 4.10 ?

I’m utterly confused because I also have custom actions (with option new thread) containing a wait time action (with variables or not) and they don’t encounter any issue.

Like :
General - Wait lv_time lv_time_type seconds
General - Wait 0.0625 lv_time_type seconds
General - Wait 5.0 Real Time seconds
General - Wait lv_time Game Time seconds

Thanks for your help.

EDIT on 09/13/19 :
Hi there,

I found a workaround.

I removed to this custom action the option to create a new thread.
I then created a trigger which executes this custom action. The trigger maintains its own thread so I obtained a similar result.

One inconvenient, a trigger has to call an other trigger which executes this custom action.

Yup, you nailed it, the first trigger doesn’t execute this custom action in a new thread whereas the second one does. Don’t ask me why.

Say /shrug
Got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That’s correct !