Request to be able to group commanders when selecting random

My request is hopefully a low hanging fruit, for your COOP in Starcraft II.

Let us select from a group of commanders to randomly play. Random is fun, but only if you have either upgraded all your commanders or non at all.

Example, I want to upgrade/prestige 8 commanders. It would be a lot of fun if I could just randomly play one of those 8. But selecting random I may get a commander i hate or one i’ve already leveled up and just don’t want to play.

It helps makes these tasks less monotonous and I feel would encourage more players to play and complete commander prestige.

Unfortunately they’ve ended development for the game so it’s not going to change from its current form. However, there are a fair few companion programs for the game that help with that.

https://github.com/FluffyMaguro/SC2_Coop_overlay

This is the one I’d recommend personally, among other things it allows you to select COs and Prestige for the randomized, and also has an option for it randomizing mastery allocation as well.

Naturally with all of these you’re going to have to manually set up the game after it rolls the dice for you.

3 Likes

Agreed, that’s your best option really.

The usual “no more new paid content for Coop announcement” aside, it doesn’t feel like they were really going to do this anyways. They wanted to push players to purchase COs they didn’t own yet, and to just play more games (good for the player base).

Since there’s no bonus for Random CO, indeed you may as well just do that yourself. Prior to Prestige, I would roll dice (physical, an app on my phone, or go online and roll a d18). Some of the resources, like from the link seem to be far more robust, so may as well give those a shot. Me… I could see myself just rolling a d18 for the CO, and a D4 for the Prestige. I’m still at a point where I’d rather set my own masteries (nm that some Masteries are wasted with certain prestige tiers).