Request a Human to fix simple bugs

the arcade has some bugs, people may think the bug is very hard to fix, in fact a human even not familiar with any language coding, are able to fix it within some minutes.
do not say fix bug is hard, or its hard to fix, i could fix (not workaround, direct fix) by patching the clients in minutes. why would a company with source code could fix it for weeks? if any blizzard stuff want to fix it, it could be fix. that simple. (no matter which job or department)

if nobody can fix it, i’m glad to help. otherwise blizzard tolds about everyone, the game is never supported.

just do not pretend that you does not realize that bug, its not interesting, very boring at all, people knows it. everyone knows it.

I’ve gotta second Adv on this for the most part. I mean, I don’t think a Human Resources employee is going to have any luck :joy: but there are already people who have successfully fixed their own client. Just players with no access to any resources a Blizzard software developer has. They accomplished this over 3 hours ago, as of this reply.

If one person (two people collaborating, so far as I can tell), with no access to Blizzard resources or any SC2 source code, can fix not just this latest exploit involving the 64KB map name/localized strings limit, but also the image tag exploit initially used, there is no excuse for not fixing this and other future exploits, if any, in a timely manner.

I get that SC2 is already barely supported. But we’re talking about allocating a couple employees to a team focused on this issue, for what would likely be a short period of time. Make no mistake, the SC2 arcade is what has kept the game itself as active as it’s been this long. Starcraft II was a success by it’s own merit on release. But it’s the arcade that players go to when they grow bored with the standard SC2 gameplay; and it’s those same players that also return to replay the campaign, return to competitive melee matches, have countless Discords promoting the game via promoting their own maps, stream gameplay, etc etc.

Don’t let some trolls be the death of Starcraft II because Blizzard was unwilling to put a minute amount of effort and resources into addressing a few EASILY fixable issues.

I’m not going to name the two people who have succeeded in fixing these exploits, but any Customer Support rep who pays attention can probably make a pretty good guess…

All that being said, don’t think I’m not grateful for the 5.0.13 patch.

Unfortunately for someone like me who only plays custom games and is not very astute with how things work, this problem is a killer. I may as well not have the game installed on my computer. What bothers me most is it seems as if those with any power to do anything about this do not care at all whether this problem is fixed or not. I started playing Starcraft back in the 1990s and Starcraft II as soon as it was available. It seems tragic to me that after all these years the saga will end on a note like this. It’s a damn shame. Profits are all these companies care about–nothing more; nothing less.