Replay request/Strategy Help: Protoss ground army vs Lurkers

Hi. I am finding that I cannot beat lurkers with ground based compositions. Can someone post a replay or a link to a VOD where a ground based protoss army handles a good sized lurker army?

The issue I have is that I get moderately ahead in my PVZs with Archon/Chargelot/Immortal after some harass (archon drops or etc) and the Zerg player gets mass lurkers. I cannot break him and many times when we engage my observers get sniped and can even lose my whole army. I also have tried the carrier transition but the issue I’ve found is that often zerg armies have 2+ armor by the time I have even started 1+ attack on my carriers and so the hydras supporting the lurkers just eat up freshly built carriers that have low interceptor counts.

Ultimately the issue is that I cannot break through the turtling zerg who is hiding behind lurker walls with my ground army. Help!

Hello, here you buddy Dealing With LURKERS | How do I beat this? - YouTube

1 Like

Hey thanks. I’m familiar with that but it’s harstem talking about the mistakes someone made.

I want to actually see someone do it the right way.

You could just try the arcade map
unit tester lotv online
Immortals and Disruptors help a lot.

You could go for like Voidray/disruptor/immortal/archon.
The main thing about lurkers is that you should make an arch before you engage.
You could also try minute micro by printf (arcade map).

You can use disruptors they have longer range even with the lurker upg. You can also split your army in thirds and surround, you’ll need just about equal immortals to lurkers.

1 Like

Why don’t you make one or two observers and right click it on an immortal ? That way, it makes it less likely to die since immortal often stay behind the most