Release the Identities of the Cyber Criminals

“But they found a security vulnerability, which is Blizzard’s fault, and exploited it to force others to shut down their computers.”

No, it’s not Blizzard’s fault. If a criminal cases a neighborhood long enough, no matter how secure that neighborhood may be, they will eventually find several households to invade, the best time to invade them and best tools to invade them.

It is time you release the identity of these cyber criminals so that your clients, and yourself, can engage in class action lawsuits against these Offenders and set a permanent example going forward.

They aren’t crashing team game queues and arcade lobbies for some personal and well intentioned goal. They are doing it because they think it’s hilarious to cause mass mayhem and distress to others, forcing them to shut down their computers to regain functionality.

When we are forced to shut down our computers, which is the Cyber Criminals Fault, not Blizzard’s, many of us lose work, such as work in Excel and Word and MikTeX, that work either being research towards publication or actual work for an employer (in my case, both).

Let each of us (who are willing) sue them for $1 in small claims court. You don’t have do anything except give us the identities. People shouldn’t have to fear using your product because Cyber Criminals are ``casing the neighborhood" find an exploit to crash other people’s computers.

As for you (Blizzard), I would take it even further and pursue criminal charges against them. For all you know it’s Corporate Espionage designed to destroy your product and remove its competition on the market.

Setting the legal precedent of these Offenders being Cyber Criminals" (instead of trolls") and prosecuted as such will be necessary going forth into the digital age where digital stores and products are treated equally in the eyes of the law as brick and mortar stores and products.

If I walk inside of a grocery store, look for a vulnerability, such as an open can of molasses, and spill it over the store aisle, preventing other customers from entering the aisle, I would go to jail. And so should they. They are looking for vulnerabilities to ruin your product and to ruin our daily lives.

Prosecute them to the fullest extend of the law. End this once and for all and forever.