Received Achievement for 300 matches but only played normal!

I received an Coop achievement this week for 150 matches on casual but I don’t think I’ve ever played causal because the xp is so low. Is the tracker configured correctly. Maybe normal is being counted as casual?

Also, I can’t post urls to forums now. How do I give screenshots for troubleshooting?

You sure you NEVER played casual? Not even single time?
Check the counters in achievements for casual and normal, what is the difference between them?

Higher difficulty also increase counters on all lower difficulties. So if you played 50 matches on casual, 50 on normal, and 50 on hard you will get 150 counted on casual, 100 on normal and 50 on hard.
re: PS you place url in Preformatted text

1 Like

Thanks Tangor…your description can be the only reason. I do play across normal, hard, and brutal…but I think the BattleDotNet changes some of the levels automatically based on who I’m playing with. Example, sometimes I’ll be paired with some at 500+ and I’m sure everything changes on my character.

There is a cases, when there is no one to pair you with on your selected difficulty. So system pair you with player of different difficulty.
When that happens:

• map played at higher of two difficulties, and you both get counters/bonus exp/etc. for this higher difficulty
  • game speed is set to average between two difficulties
  • half of an enemy bases (and half of an attack waves) have lower difficulty. You can see this clearly on Normal+Hard pairing, where Normal half don’t have cloaking/burrow.
1 Like

Thanks for your detailed, focused posts, Tangor. I play here and there but don’t always have time to go deep on how this game work intimately.