Re-Releasing Previous War Chest Augments and Emoticons for Purchase: A Suggestion

Anyone here who also thinks positively about this suggestion?

I know and understand that many, if not most of the players here (amongst those who purchased War Chests), are afraid or losing that sense of ownership of their unique Augments (Portraits, Banners, Sprays and Decals), but I think, at this point, all players should have some way of having access to those contents, the same way it happens with Skins (which are sold some time after their release inside War Chests).

And what a better way of doing so, that by offering sales for said contents, so the earnings can either help host/support Tournaments, or help in the development of future contents (Co-Op Commanders, Consoles, Announcers, Augments, Mission Packs, War Chests, and so on).

I’m saying so, because I regard the decision of the developers of maintaining plenty of these Augments visible, yet not available to get nor unlock in-game by playing (like achieving certain number of wins, and such), as nonsense, since, as I said before, it’s also an unpleasant reminder for many players who weren’t able to grab past War Chests back in the day. If those Augments are still in-game, why not making good use of them offering to all players, who, I’m sure, would be willing to spend their money on.

I consider myself a casual player, since I’m not into Tournaments, or play competitively, but I do enjoy playing with my family some Multiplayer, enjoy unlocking some achievements (to get rewards in-game), and love playing Co-Op, because it offers a different and exciting experience from the ubiquitous Multiplayer matches. I cannot tell about others, but I’m willing to bet there are plenty of other players who enjoy doing the same stuff, and would enjoy a more immersive gaming experience (you can see what I’m referring to in the original post). People who are into the competitive aspect may also enjoy it for the same reasons.

Anyway, I’m hoping to hear from you guys, and tell us if it’s a good idea or not, or if you could change it to make it more appealing to all players.

And sorry if I’m writing essay-like, but English isn’t my first language, and I always felt more comfortable and noticed to express myself better by writing this way. Hope you understand me.

Thanks again for reading.

4 Likes

It’s been one month and a day after I last wrote something here, and I’ve witnessed some interest from TORMENT, since he commented on this same post, but in the EU forums, and maybe that’s the reason he wrote another post here, in the US forums: When patch 5.0.4 released Banners and decals opens to sales? - #2 by Lune-11641.

I still think being offered the Augments I listed on the document I left, including those which aren’t there, is a good idea. It’s kind of refreshing debating something that isn’t related to the Competitive aspect of the game.

I’ve been busy with college since 2 weeks ago, hence why I haven’t left any additional comment(s) here.

Would you like to see Augments offered on Sales later on? Tell us in the comments.

3 Likes

You should create another forum. Called only TORMENT and Dragunblader only ones to care openning previous Warchest items?

When i look reddit some players looking all previous Warchest items really

2 Likes

Few patches ago Consoles opens to sales as well (nearly 1 year or a year ago) i remember consoles isnt to open sales until that patch

2 Likes

Hey friend we should try on blizzard support again?

1 Like

My best bet would be to start an insightful, healthy chat with you, TORMENT, and other players, so we can discuss what Augments should be released, in which way(s), why it’s a good idea, and how to execute it. Something similar as Cybernetix did with his post ([SC2] All The Interface Suggestions - #211 by Cybernetix-2694). The thread has gotten popular, mostly because of the never-ending interaction between him and few others. I hate to say, but at this point, if something similar cannot be done, chances are non-existent for Blizzard to take ideas into account. Views and Replies are needed.

Hope you can help us with that, as well as other players.

2 Likes

İ wish speaking with all comminity for open sales to all previous Warchest items.

Did you tried on that forum?

2 Likes

When i was checking my account on support page i was asked for Seat of the Highlord Banner 5 mounths ago. İ know warchest specific item but all skins are opens to sales as a bundle and consoles are opens to sales too and still total biscuit and carbot bundles still open to sales. That bundles has sprays decals and emocotions. Why dont blizzard openning to sales previous Warchest items?

2 Likes

No, I haven’t, I wasn’t aware of it. Mind sharing a link to participate?

2 Likes

I also wasn’t aware of that (Carbot and TotalBiscuit), but I did notice Skins are still available as bundles.

All we have left to do is just to nourish threads like this to have a chance to get sale(s) (or another method) to get these Augments.

I sure do enjoy having my Nova Banner and Portrait, but I’m sure it can be better with the right Decals and Sprays.

Aside from the Tal’Darim Augments, which ones would you like to see in-game?

2 Likes

Yes of course my terran augments are finished except special forces decal.
İ was still in pain that i missed warchest 4 because i havent any blizzard balance but after warchest 4 i can buy blizzard balance and im waiting for this items

2 Likes

Being honest, I haven’t purchased any War Chests so far. In fact, I started playing the game since my cousin told me it was now Free-To-Play, and I enjoyed the Wings of Liberty Campaign very much that I ended up buying the remaining 2 Campaigns and the Nova: Covert Ops Mission Pack; later, I’ve gotten the Nova Co-Op Commander (I really love Ghosts over all stuff).

I’d buy Augments to match my Nova Banner and Portrait, but sadly, these can no longer be obtained, hence why I think releasing a sale(s) would help others in a similar situation.

My goal is to have a whole matching set for Portrait, Banner, Skins, Console, Announcer, Spray(s) and Decal, built around Special Ops/Covert Ops. I exclusively play Terran, so I really wanna build it someday, soon hopefully.

If I played someday as Zerg or Protoss, I’d get similar builds, but based around the Primal Zerg, and the Purifiers/Tal’Darim.

2 Likes

I also posted this on Reddit, but it seems everyone’s too focused on the Competitive aspect (again, not a bad thing) to notice the opportunity for plenty of people, including those who like to play the game for that, to obtain the remaining Augments they want in their collections, not to mention the revenues Blizzard could make (to host more Tournaments or to release more contents for the game).

3 Likes

Today i was asked blizzard support for warchest cosmetics and i give the links of our forums i hope they will add next or future patches

2 Likes

Hmmm… I know Blizzard isn’t known for regularly checking the threads in these forums, but I think we should just stick to the conversation-like exchange of ideas to have a chance of being noticed at some point.

I do also want the Augments I wrote on the list I left here, plus many others (so everyone has their tastes included). I think it’s just a matter of listing the pros and cons for that, and just keep trying. Cybernetix does it pretty well, and I hope his ideas will be taken into account.

2 Likes

Does Cybernetix forum help us as you believed?

2 Likes

I didn’t mention it does help us, but rather to be taken as an example of what to do with this thread. Sadly, if this isn’t done, all the effort of having built it will just vanish into oblivion. Once more, views and comments are a must if we want even the slightest chance of Blizzard E. of considering this idea for a future patch. I don’t like it, since it may become annoying at some point for others, and because of forum-commenting etiquette, but again, it’s necessary considering the actual circumstances and the huge interest from the players in the Competitive aspect (once more, not a bad thing, in fact, it’s the essence of this game) rather than other aspects which may improve the gaming experience, aside from balancing.

2 Likes

Blizzard support answered me just keep posting to the forums

2 Likes

Glad they did, and yes, I’ll keep on commenting from time to time.

2 Likes

By the way, I noticed there’s another thread about re-releasing past War Chest Portraits for sale, and I liked the idea. I also invited ryerye, the author of that post, to join us. If you guys are interested, here’s the link to it: Purchase Past Portraits.

2 Likes