Raynor get serious

And yet, I don’t recall seeing any videos with him “destroying” stuff with Swann or Karax. Maybe there are and I haven’t seen them, but that’s besides the point. Point is that yes, he’s good, but being able to do stuff like that with a commander also means the commander itself is strong. For example, you could put 10 world-renowned rally drivers like Schumacher or Senna in a regular car and they wouldn’t be able to get from 0 to 60 in less than 8-9 seconds (or more), while in a sports car they would do it in 3 or less.

And I mentioned LilArrin because when you want to make a point, you usually tend to reffer to the best example available. That doesn’t mean there aren’t other very good Raynor players out there, or even above-average ones that can showcase the fact that he’s in no way weak. I have a few friends that play better than me, not at LilArrin’s level ofc, but well enough to be able to show just how strong Raynor can be. But I don’t think people heard of them, so it would be irrelevant to name them here. And they don’t do videos of their games, so…

He doesn’t even need Firebat, just marine/medic with stim and upgrade.

Around how many Command Centers do you generally build per mission?
When going mass bio units, around how many Barracks do you generally build per mission?

But you’ll lose less units if you use Firebats to “tank” more threatening enemies, which for anyone who has trouble with mules (or in the case of his P1, floating enough minerals to remax) is something that should be utilized.

3-4 orbital (+ the b2)
3 barrack reactor and 3 barrack lab

So 5-6 OCs and 6 Barracks? That’s a pretty good spot, though it might be a bit light on Barracks depending on the enemy comp.

Is there a specific part of the game that you find Raynor is particularly weak?

P1 is a nerf to Raynor’s bio. DPS hasn’t changed, but the ramp to full DPS has slowed down due to lack of MULES. Just clarifying that out there…

Makes him easier to play but reduces his potential in most situations: top end nerf, low end buff. Lots of people dispise MULEing or just don’t understand it so it’s helpful to many.

But yeah, I personally don’t see myself using it much beyond variety.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know that it’s a nerf so much as a Karaxing.

How so, it’s not any more expensive?

When I did Raynor, during P1, I just found you do fine (even at mastery), as I expected. However, the ramp is so slow lol. Rick’s right, just helps with newer players but Raynor not MULE’ing is like fish without water.

if you want tanking, get more medic, not the firebat. Most of the time, you start losing your unit because you don’t have enough medic or medic run out of energy or you don’t have the upgraded medic, not because you don’t have a frontline with measly 6 armor.
The 25% damage reduction that the medic provide is way better than having Firebat at frontline. To give you a perspective: have you seen a Tychus with and without 50% dmg reduction? He transform himself from an off tank dps into an unstoppable unkillable killing machine god. Even if I give 6 armors to the Tychus with no dmg reduction, the amount of dmg that the normal Tychus can tank still not worth comparing to the one with the dmg reduction. Sure, the number is a bit higher but it is a good example for how good is the % dmg reduction compare to armor.
The only thing that Firebat is good for is the big HP pool but that role already covered by marauder or P1.

-mechanic attack speed in Mastery 3 is replaced by Titanshock Ammunation, granting additionnal splash damage for every units of Raynor

LMAO so broken. Raynor is fine.

Raynor is one of the most versatile CO’s in the game. He doesn’t need any buffs, you just need to learn how to macro.

1 Like

This is the most fun prestige to play and it is the most overpowered. Have ur siege tanks flatten any ground comp or have ur Vikings shoot down anything in air (including scourges) in just seconds.

Unless u are not happy because it’s too overpowered. This should be left alone. I enjoy it a lot.

DPS is one of Raynor’s greatest strength and this prestige suits him.

3rd prestige should not have requirement for armory and star port like u mentioned. Or they can reduce minerals and / or training times on Star port units.

This prestige is for those who haven’t learn how to macro Raynor yet.

He / she can learn from LilArrin.

His first prestige fall under the most classic gameplay. Just build structures, trains units and send them to fight.

Yes this is true. His units are flimsy but his units have one of the highest dps out of all commanders, which also makes him one of the strongest. You have tools (Orbitals + Mules) to keep replenishing his army.

This is making it too easy, Hyperion is one strongest unit in all of coop. If your Hyperion is dying too fast deploy those defense drones to shoot down in coming fire. They help ALOT.

Fire bats, siege tanks, Vikings and banshees all have aoe damage. Vikings and banshees need upgrades at tech.

Moral of the story: learn how to play Raynor. I trained myself on Raynor for months before I was decent at it.

Here is a video to get you started. People may disagree with his build order but it works. Overtime you will develop your own build order and play-style on Raynor.

Good Luck.

1 Like

lol p1 is so silly.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say they made him more expensive, per se, but it would be pretty hard to argue that Raynor makes as much money without mules, wouldn’t it? Similar upsides with long ramp ups

My greatest problem with Raynor is unknown confliction with my hotkey which rendering my control group hotkey not working as expected and preventing me from zerg rush Amon.

Please don’t do anything to Raynor. Play Tychus and Zeratul instead, they are designed just the way you like it

3 Likes

I play Raynor bio style. It’s really fun. I usually double the number of kills my ally has regardless of what commander they play, and it’s even better with the prestige. Prestige 1 is a godsend for bio style… 250 health marauders, jeez… Ridiculously amazing. I’m slamming through objectives 10 mins into the game, and it’s GG once I have natural base saturation. Truly one of the most beautiful additions to the game.

2 Likes

Biggest Raynor change they need to make is change recommendation in the info to “recommended for experience players”.

That said P1 makes Raynor much more new player friendly. You ramp up slower / replenish slower but your stuff doesn’t die so you don’t need 6 orbitals and 8-10 rax; which can be hard for less and even moderately skilled players (like myself to manage).

2 Likes