Random Team Queues Against Arranged Teams?

I never experienced this until I hit diamond, but all of a sudden, when I queue for random 2v2 games, I get my random opponent and I am playing against an arranged team that queued together most of the time.

I understand 2s aren’t supposed to be serious or competitive, but when the queue times are nearly instant, why are we playing arranged teams? This places me and my teammate at a serious disadvantage. I would honestly rather have someone in gold on my team versus two random diamonds than to play against a team that has voice communication or has played hundreds of games together and communicates well. I already have to carry most of these games because people that are diamond in 2s are gold or platinum in solo queue, or don’t play solo at all.

I don’t understand why this is a thing. Surely there are 3 other solo people queuing that are platinum - masters in 2s… why are arranged teams facing teammates who don’t know each other? It defeats the purpose of queuing solo. Please address this :confused:

Yea, I know… I can queue with a friend… but sometimes they aren’t on, or sometimes I don’t want to play 1v1. Why is it that when I queue solo in 2v2 I am playing a team that queues together??

1 Like

I think this is incorrect. In 1v1 or coop queue times are almost instant, but in team PvP it takes much longer to get a game, for me it’s usually 1-5 min (D1 league EU). If you split the teams and randoms, this would increase search time even more. Personally, I wouldn’t like that one bit.

Also, I think the advantages of teams could be debated. After all, they are in the same league as you and have similar skill, don’t they? Probably their skill is even worse, since they get an advantage from teamspeak and knowing each other.

Unless it’s the infamous anomaly where newly formed teams are given some average MMR to start with, even if both players are really masters. There has been a lot of complain about this already but who knows if Blizzard will ever address that.

Just keep playing and don’t let the anomalies bother you too much. Weird stuff that seems unfair will always happen. As long as your win rate is above 50%, you are doing great.

Another team matchmaking complain thread

Drink!

1 Like

Another valuable piece of input from you, thanks for contributing absolutely nothing.

Some people aren’t even aware of the fact that selecting random team pairs you against an arranged team a significant amount of games.

This isn’t an argument that the MMR system is flawed, it’s an argument that random teammates shouldn’t face arranged teams that have hundreds of games together, as those teammates should display much better synergy, and have advantages such as voice chat, which is something not available inherently when you join a random team, unlike in games such as HotS or DotA.

1 Like

Their MMR is the same or similar based on the game stating their MMR at the end. I just don’t understand why there is an option to queue as random and then you’re not facing another random team. I guess people complained about queue times and they adjusted this at some point?

It’s just frustrating to, for example have more unit kills than the opposing team combined, or 2-3x your teammate. It’s hard to coordinate attacks with someone as well that you don’t play with. And you’re being matched against a team who has a plan ahead of time, or at least should. I know when I queue with my friend we are planning to hit at 5:00 with roach speed, stalkers and immortals for example. So he builds up planning to do that.

IDK it just seems silly to me to place teams in that manner, but I guess if it doesn’t bother anyone but me, I can just queue in 3s or custom when my friend isn’t on.

I just didn’t notice this until getting to diamond, and it became frustrating. I don’t typically win 50%… usually 60-85% so that’s a huge difference :slight_smile: but I get what you’re saying :confused:

I have no interest in providing valuable input to a subject that pops up every day, if you want input just scroll down the front page a little bit

Also Warhead already said everything that should be said

I’m not aware when I’m paired with arranged teams because I don’t visit their profiles every match to check, if you stopped doing that you wouldn’t even notice either, and you know why? because the only thing that counts for a fair game is MMR, doesn’t matter if they are arranged or not

1 Like

I think this was always like this, at least for as long as I’m playing.

Then you are not loosing because you are facing teams but because you have reached your current skill cap. The more you win, the harder your opponents are going to be. You didn’t expect you are going to keep winning like this forever, did you?

Never mind guys. I can tell that no one here actually has an open mind. I wouldn’t say I have hit my skill cap, considering I am sitting at like 42-6 on solo.

If you can’t understand advantages you might have on a pre determined team versus a team that is randomly placed together, I don’t know what to tell you.

There is room for improvement on my twos, such as typing to the other person on general strategies that we would like to employ on the match. The fact that you have To type all of this against a team that has a predisposition on what their comp is going to be is already a huge advantage for the arranged teammates. If you can’t understand that, I really don’t know what to tell you.

When I have 350 units killed, and my teammate has under 100, I guess that is a L2P issue on my behalf though. You’re right :roll_eyes:

I’m not even complaining my teammates are bad. It’s silly that random teams are paired against arranged teammates. If somehow you don’t see that as an advantage, I am confused.

If you have no interest, it would be more wise to do something that was meaningful with your time.

I don’t have to check profiles every time. When they have the same guild tag, that becomes apparent. But yea, you got me…

What you’re saying is if you place a bunch of random pro NBA players on a team against an established team that has synergy because they’ve been playing for years together, the only thing that will determines the outcome is the individual skill, which makes no sense and is also completely false…

Not the individual skill, the team skill

You place no value on cooperation, communication and other sources of what makes a team a great team. Skill plays a roll, but synergy goes far. Imagine if my teammate decides to attack because he feels like it and it would be better to wait for me. Or my teammate doesn’t speak English and the other team has two English speaking people.

The game has a a lot of timing involved. Being on the same page helps significantly. You can be on the same page before the game even starts with an arranged team. How is that not advantageous?

I’m top 5 random team 2v2 player, and I can assure you the match maker doesn’t work, and it has little to nothing to do with team synergy or skill.

if the matches were paired up properly it would be different, but they aren’t.

While true in a one versus one setting, this is far from true in team settings. Team MMR is a poor reflection of what you’re capable of. There are diamonds that play like golds, and diamonds that play like masters. That being said, I understand we’re going to have some poorly arranged matches in twos. Why inflate that even further by placing arranged teams versus random teams?

So what would you suggest to improve on this? And what methods do you use in random team to mitigate the fact that you’re up against arranged teams to consistently win? I mean if you look at my stats pages, I am not sure what else to do. I communicate my strategy and make suggestions, but sometimes dude is just not on the same page or is below the level of skill where he should be.

The same page thing, to me, is the biggest factor. If you fight 2v1 the game is over. Arranged teams will almost never let this happen, as they have a plan before queuing.

I’m not crying. I was simply seeing if anyone had any input on this system as it seems flawed to me. It probably won’t change, so if you have some tips that would be appreciated!

Because splitting the queue would increase queue times. If you’re experiencing instantaneous queue times as you say, I can see how this might not seem like a big deal (and I’d be curious to know what time of day you play). When I play teams the queue times are usually several minutes.

I hear what you’re saying about the advantages being on an arranged team affords. But it’s just one piece of the puzzle. In theory MMR should account for all advantages and disadvantages, from having lousy ping to just being a really slow-moving old geezer like me :slight_smile: In practice, of course, matchup quality is rarely perfect because otherwise we’d be waiting hours for games.

1 Like

man i’ve been trying to get the match making right for almost 10 years. i’ve been streaming 2v2’s as a fulltime job for 10 years, believe me if i can’t get blizzard to fix it, no one on this forum can.

:frowning: I guess maybe it was changed at some point, or maybe it’s always been this way. I have only played two seasons, so I don’t know. I just think that separating the queues would be welcoming, but maybe it wouldn’t be. I guess I’ll just try harder and maybe at some point in high diamond or masters, I won’t have to carry my teammate as hard against an arranged team.

Hmm usually 30 seconds to 2 minutes, which doesn’t feel like a long queue time to me… although I am accustomed to 5 minute to 30 minute queues in HotS when you hit high diamond / master league lol

I’d rather wait in a longer queue for solo queue 2v2 then fight an AT with a random ally.

In my entire 8 year 2v2 career I have NEVER won against an AT with a random ally…ever.

They got plan for every matchup on every map they didn’t veto and there isn’t much you and your random ally can do about it.

1 Like