Question on Horner's P1

Does the mag mine mastery work for making the mines fire faster? Or the change is just so small at this point that you barely notice it?

1 Like

It’s quite a noticeable bump. With p1 and full mastery, you can drop mines right on top of a wave and they will manage to destroy only 1-2 at most before they get blown up. Very comfy to use

2 Likes

Yeah it affects arming time, cooldown, as well as total storage in all prestige. With the arming time portion slightly less useful for P1.

Arming time can be as low as 6sec down from 10sec (or 1.22sec in P1, down from 2sec). Cooldown to recast is reduced to 38sec down from 50sec. And total storage is 35 up from 5.

2 Likes

1.22s from 2s isn’t THAT much, but it is nice to spam that much more regardless. OTOH, going full into the other mastery should also be fine. Good to have choices :slight_smile:

Oh so it is a small decrease. But I guess you should still max it to get more charge CDR.

Yeah, the main benefit with mastery for P1 is its recharge (Cooldown reduction), as well as max storage.

Although the max isn’t so much useful if you are using Magmines constantly (as you should be), on any prestige. The CDR is far more useful for every prestige. And the bonus on arming time is everything in non-P1, but mildly improved for P1.

2 Likes

P1 allows you to use strike fighters to get vision on a wave followed by dropping mines that activate before they’re all destroyed. If station on cooldown of course.

Still better to have then in position in advance, but it’s easier to use then reactively with P1.

I usually use them as a sort of psuedo artillery where I drop them just in front of my army or the enemy backline while in battle. Kind of a waste if you use them directly as a cooldown as some mines can still get picked off even with the 1 second arming time. But I guess that would be broken.

You can do quite a few offensive Magmines in P1. When Fleet, Station, and a few saved Mag charges are up on its first iteration, you can wipe out 3 locations within that 1.5min window.

P1 is honestly pretty strong because proper Magmines usage is fundamental to HH gameplay.

1 Like

On that note do you guys even go for BCs in general brutal play? I can only manage 2 and up to 4 wraiths a game and I’m starting to think I could have churned out 6 more wraiths instead.

I play P2 so I do go for it and get plenty.

1 Like

I don’t tend to get more than a few BCs unless I do Wing Commanders like Fearr said.

sorry I wasn’t clear. I mean do you get BCs for P1. P2 is no problem I can get 4-6 easy.

Personally I wouldn’t bother because that resource can be better spent almost anywhere else.

Given how fast Magmines work, any additional coverage can be done by them. So focusing on a fast push with Han’s units would be easiest and simplest… probably fastest.

Getting Horner’s units really is far too decorative. I can see some cloaked wraiths having a bit value in the long term.

1 Like