Purity Of Purpose Achievement Impossible

I have tried many strategies on Youtube and all of them ended up not working. If anyone has a video tutorial of beating it AS OF 2023, it would be appreciated.

I have tried walling spectre but it takes so much micro managing and skill to achieve a complete wall and mass up viking for the air units.

Another problem is that the allied bases would end up dying way too quickly. I think it would be better to have more defense on the early waves for the allied bases so that the player has time to mass up units and defensive.

2 Likes

OH MA GERD!!! NO ITS NOT!!!&#&$^#

It’s obviously not impossible or else there would have been tons of posts about it over the years. Keep in mind that the 3 thrashers at the start count so you can only use it on 12 more during the main mission. Youre basically playing the same strat as WoLs last mission All In. Also, on the epilogue missions, the acheivements dont always popup on the screen, so if you think you got it, go actually look to see if you got it. Back when I attempted it I used this strat and it worked fine, except that zagara didnt hold as long in the early part of the mission.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jPbPfslBMzQ&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fliquipedia.net%2Fstarcraft2%2FCampaign%2FThe_Essence_of_Eternity&source_ve_path=Mjg2NjY&feature=emb_logo

If youre not good enough with macro/micro to do it, read the achievement description carefully: kerrigan cant KILL more then 15 enemies. That doesnt mean she can’t damage them to make them easier on your defenses.

Considering you can pretty much get every achievement while playing on brutal this is child’s play in comparison.

I share the OP sentiments on this one. Even though I finally got it myself, it took at least an hour or so to get for measly 10 points no less. It shouldn’t be this frustrating. Having to guard 4 entrances(1 of which you can’t build on because of creep) as well as defending terrible allies is just not my idea of fun. Good thing protecting them were bonus objectives instead of main ones or I’ll completely lose it.

‘‘But but some YTers managed to get it so there’’ hurr durr
Exceptions notwithstanding, most of them got almost completely overrun.
‘‘But but other masteries were worse compared to this one’’
rollseyes Doesn’t make PoP or this mission for that matter any less sh*tty.

Anyway, I’m guessing the OP also managed as well so I’ll leave it there.

This was not an achievement I did on first try. I lost count, actually.
It wasn’t a complete loss of time, as it was a good training exercise to make changes to what I have to do to get it done.