Publishing problems

when i try to publish my map, in the screen where i choose it’s publicity, locked/unlocked mode and such, at the bottom it shows “Document dependency does not specify Blizzard file (Mods\missionpacks/novacampagain. sc2mod)” What does that mean? i only found a similar error on other forum, but it said battle.net file.

It means that it hasn’t been given a published version of that dependency. “Blizzard file” just means “battle.net file” because they’re trying to consolidate their brand under one name, Blizzard. When you set up your map you clicked “Add Other…” and selected novacampaign.sc2mod under the Local Files tab. All that does is let you use the mod with the editor on your computer, but in order for your map to work on battle.net, the dependencies must be published. Actually, everyone already has that mod on their computers (even if they don’t own the Nova Covert Ops campaign) because it’s an official mod, quite big, and many arcade maps use it, but every published map still needs to specify a “Blizzard version” (players just don’t have to actually download it in this case).

Now you could try to publish the mod yourself (upload limit permitting) and then specify it in your map, but Blizzard has it published, just under a different name, and you have to specify it.

In order to do so, you need to double-click on the empty cell under the “Name (Blizzard)” column and switch to the Blizzard tab. Then select Source: Blizzard and type “nova campaign” in the search box and click “Go” (enter key doesn’t work here). You should get “Nova Campaign Triggers - Version 0.23”. This is the same mod, just more descriptively titled, because actually all this mod adds is a few trigger libraries. Click OK and now it will show the Blizzard version next to the Local File, and then you should be able to publish your map.

P.S. If you want just the assets/data, you should probably use the “Nova Covert Ops (Art Mod)” dependency, which is in the “Add Standard…” menu. This will specify both Blizzard & Local versions, and means less unneeded clutter if you don’t actually need the campaign triggers (if you do, just ignore me).