PROtoss mothership

This unit needs a reason to exist aside from being just a meme and its one redeeming feature is that it cloaks buildings and units but by the late game its a joke if the opponent doesnt have detection available. Any one have any realistic ideas as to what changes would need to be made to make it a viable unit and not a troll unit…

5 Likes

For starter make it able to to fight against 2 Carriers with only one Carrier surviving with 100HP.
Second: Return the Photon-Overcharge (Cost 75 energy) that can be fired towards/from Prisms in Emmiter-mode.

The best-ultimate solution would be to remove the meme-unit from the game and replace with the Good-Old…Arbiter.

4 Likes

Yeah, bring back the arbiter. I never wanted nor liked the mothership to begin with. Revert the carrier nerf as well.

3 Likes

Increase it’s speed, make vortex deploy faster, make it non abductable by zerg (it’s pretty ridiculous that the mothership is abductable when it’s supposed to be like kilometers in length)

4 Likes

The mothership is already the arbiter, it has the cloaking field and mass recall

…or you guys aren’t seriously wanting stasis field in starcraft 2 are you?

1 Like

I think we’d all just prefer a cheaper, more mobile Arbiter to a large and gangly Mothership.

3 Likes

Honestly, it’s too slow. Almost all useful Protoss units can outrun it, and even then, cloaking ground units isn’t that useful anyway. For air units, Protoss use hit and run tactics most of the time, and Mothership is useless for hit and run. Also, the Mothership can’t cloak itself, so other players just know that you are gathering a massive force there, therfore making itself useless.

I think that a Mothership that could cloak itself and set amount of other units would be better.

Realy, the Mothership is quite useless.

-Charlie

1 Like

Yeah I’d prefer the arbiter any day. In general super units don’t have a place in RTS .

2 Likes

i know right? it’s so weird about that interaction…