Protoss have been babied by overpowered defensive mechanics

This is not about my replays but the match up dynamics at higher levels. If your early game is weak against Terrans, that’s your problem and it is not an argument for balance patch.

2 Likes

Stalkers and adepts need to be split into a steady mainline DPS unit (I prefer the adept for this) and a mobile harass unit (the stalker, in my mind). Let the adept be able to stand and fight, but if you want to get it into the enemy’s base, you have to go through the front door, where theyre expecting you and have prepared.

Meanwhile the stalker can be the more mobile option, able to snipe unprotected bases and workers, but unable to actually take a fight with anything that hits back. Maybe replace the +armored damage with +structure damage.

I could say the same about terran. If your early game is weak against protoss, that’s your problem and not an argument for balance patch. And Blizzard agrees with me, since they seem to think terran has strong game ending capabilities in the early game.

1 Like

Is two base tank push the “early game” for you?

4 Likes

Highest league achieved is gold. Now I know why this argument is going nowhere. Your post more than you play. So you actually wouldnt know. You don’t even know how to make units properly and cant even follow basic build orders at that level. No wonder you think Terran is op, and dont think canceling the natural is a big deal. Play the game.

4 Likes

As opposed to late game? Yes. Armies aren’t maxed out, nobody has reached the end of a tech path yet, its a timing attack, etc… Pre LoV I would have called it solidly midgame, but economy booms so fast now that there really isn’t a distinct phase anymore.

2 Likes

Aside from league considerations, you are talking like a player who doesn’t actually understand the match up dynamics. We should mostly refer to high level play for balance talking.

2 Likes

Hey, youre the one throwing hypotheticals and theoreycrafting at me. Im just responding in kind. If you want to actually discuss games, maybe try to do so instead of poisoning the well by participating in a “protoss are whiny babies” QQ thread.

3 Likes

Your gold, you cant even make units. You dont even understand basic strategy if you cant make units.

4 Likes

This may be news to you, but the league card is not a substitute for actual arguments. Youre just coming off of a suspension, but you seem really eager to repeat the behavior that got you hammered. Maybe you should consider that.

4 Likes

Tank push is midgame. Early game is stalkers picking off free units from Terran. Terran is NOT better of there. Without tech up, stalkers and adepts can just ignore any T defenses and do free dmg.

Also, Tank push is meant to do heavy dmg, because everything Terran did up to that point was to reach this one powerspike. If Protoss survives, they get enough collosi, storms, Immortals or other power units that Terran cant engage again until late game.

In my opinion, late game is pretty equal again, but it is hard to get there as Protoss has advantage most of the way there.

8 Likes

Actually the “phases” are identified basing on the army interaction, rather than the tech/economy phase. At the start gateway units have un upper hand on barracks/factory units, so Protoss can contain Terrans by poking. Terrans have to defend at their best until stim is done, so they can start going out of their natural (mid game). Meanwhile some tech harass is tempted like mine drop or banshee but this is easily stopped by Protoss, so Terrans prefer to prepare for a timing push.

4 Likes

Plenty of WCS and GSL matches out there.

1 Like

Like I said, using non-standard definitions in your arguments is only going to lead to confusion. You’ve literally defined the early game as “the part before terran can safely kill protoss.” What the heck am I suppose to say to that? Your argument is tautological.

3 Likes

Have I missed something? Theres way to safely kill Protoss? Why have no one said so to the Pro’s! So much whine could be prevented! 100% TvP winrates inc. Just share your method pls.

3 Likes

Have you ever guessed why at pro level Protoss is poking Terran natural and not the opposite? But if you want to talk about our gold league experiences, I like a lot when P leaves the game at 6:00 because my mines killed 15 probes in his/her main and he/she was not watching the minimap. Are wm OP in gold? Maybe. But the patch is not intended for us.

4 Likes

I will take your lack of picking specific games to examine as a desire to continue poisoning the well instead. Well, consider it poisoned. Glad to know that I don’t have to consider your opinions as relevant anymore.

So my winning an argument is akin to bannable behavior? Ok comrade, sounds like your threatening censorship. Threatening to report my posts because I pulled the league card. Your gold bro, get over it. You have no idea how the game is played for that matter you dont even play.

2 Likes

Im not threatening anything. Im making a statement, which is as near as I can tell the unvarnished truth. You aren’t repentant and are making no efforts to avoid crossing the same lines you crossed last time. If you don’t care about Blizzard’s rules, well, that’s your business, but don’t go complaining that you get banned if you don’t feel like being civil.

2 Likes

OMG.
What game should I propose to you, maybe try watching GSL of this week or Terran streamers?
I think you can’t or don’t want to understand what I’m trying to explain you. You know what? Better if you start finding some new strategy against gold Terrans, because something will be different for sure after the patch. Bye

1 Like

Sorry, you had your chance. You screwed it up. Don’t come crying to me that you cant argue in good faith, its not my problem.