Protoss have been babied by overpowered defensive mechanics

so you want protoss goundbased mutalisks than? :smiley:

This idea was tried with the reaper, +structure damage is cancer. look back no further that early wings to discover what mass reaper was like early game. + light damage and reaper grenades did something like 20-30 damage to buildings.

2 Likes

This is not about “good faith”, I have nothing against Protoss players. This is about people who write bs and don’t want to admit it.
Terrans have advantage in early game during TvP?
AAAHHH AH AH AH AH AH AH
So here are your games:

Economical cyber before nexus

htt.ps://youtu.be/C6fZlYvPPPU
htt.ps://youtu.be/Z8gOBrBuhyg?t=349

Aggressive cyber before nexus
htt.ps://youtu.be/lcfoy9WEoXY (1:11:50)
htt.ps://youtu.be/pOQVFFLx6sk

Do you notice something? And Terrans are opening 16 gas so they have a bit more defence. With 15 gas to tech faster is even worse.
So now, if you’re smart, you start practicing to poke Terrans while you macro at home and you get in plat. You’re welcome.
EDIT: do you want also proxy second gateway examples?

2 Likes

Kelthar, as usual, you don’t know what you are talking about. You claimed there were no PPP whine threads. And yet, there have been many PPP whine threads, including the one PPP whine thread that wished death upon Blizzard and Terran players, but was subsequently deleted by a mod. Funny how you stayed silent on that PPP whine thread.

Just listen to Bacon, MrQuaggot, and Platsys51. They know what they are talking about, while you don’t.

8 Likes

Blizzard is in the process of toning down Gateway units in order to buff protoss tier 3 because Terran players lost their minds over protoss having strong core units. We haven’t even made it back to Hots era level of powerful Robo units and you are already whining about how strong protoss splash is while still complaining about how OP gateway units are. You Terran players need to make up your minds instead of crying about anything and everything.

3 Likes

I am going to try to be more neutral in this debate. In regards to Bio, I consider early game to be even, mid game Terran favored and late game Protoss favored. There is a reason why other Terrans and I make a blind bunker every TvP and TvZ and it is because early pressure from stalkers or lings is highly likely.

Terran can do the same of course, which is why I think it balances out. Terran’s chance to get ahead is in the mid game with stim and/or medivac timings. A small 5 minute window between the 5 min to 10 min mark roughly. 0-5 min is even and 10+ min Terran is on the backfoot unless he caused substantial mid game damage.

1 Like

You have no idea what you’re saying. Protoss have the map control against Terran until Stim is finished or a big mech army move out.

That nonsense that Terran have the advantage on early and mid game is completely bs. Otherwise Protoss would not take 100% secure thirds at 4 minutes.

6 Likes

I really thought a community update would calm everything down. Now I’m not convinced a patch will change anyone’s attitude. At the end of the day people will find something to complain about and hopefully blizzard learns a lesson from coddling children.

Your still crying imbalance after a few big nerfs and a buff in your favor. You are still literally on the balance whine grind.

So remember it took several nerfs to Protoss and a buff to Terran to stop the TvP balance whine. You should be able to win with all those tears in your eyes now.

Your probably getting destroyed by Protoss players on the test for the balance patch.

Just remember that you didn’t get better at playing Terrans if your win rate skyrockets. Terran was made better for you to get better win rates and you didn’t earn it. So when your getting above 50% remember it’s broken in your favor.

Also keep in mind that this most likely will be the last time they try to please an angry mob.

4 Likes

Stalkers need an upgrade before they can start hopping cliffs, and need high ground vision before they can get up there. Plus, since Blink has a cooldown, if they jump into a bad situation somehow, they cant just immediately back out the way the reaper could if they didn’t like what they saw, they have to hang around and take it until blink comes off cooldown again. Plus, stalkers don’t have the +light damage that made reapers especially good at killing workers and T1 joe basic units.

Remember Protoss winrates are because they didn’t earn it. Observers can’t be a moved, charge cost reduced, robo price reduced, Colossus turret tracking added, tempest redesign, automatic gate transformation, warpgate research time reduced, recall reduced to 85 seconds from 130 seconds, Sentry hallucination costs 25 less energy, guardian shield radius increased from 4.0 - 4.5, shield battery new building added. Blink temporarily was 50/50 cheaper, then reverted. Explain to me how ALL these buffs did not contribute to Mass Protoss representation in GSL S2 and Super tournament. I’ll wait.

7 Likes

But here is the thing, when Blizzard buffed the stalker it two shot marines, and it had to be toned down a bit. My issue with blink is not that it is strong, it can be strong, but there isn’t anyway to punish it if you scout it. Even beastyqt said Protoss go blink because really, what can Terrans do about it? Because the dilemma is this, you hunker in, survive, and Protoss mass expands (aka quick third), or else you attack which at that point is just an allin. That antagonizing aside is the story of every TvP game. Those are your two choices to play the game. Sure you can win macro games vs Protoss but if you choose to drop your third, you commit to fighting lategame TvP which is currently not impossible, but very, very difficult.

I’m happy Protoss has lots of openings in PvT and they been stuck on robo openers for how long? It is great they got diversity in builds, but now Terrans are stuck with a very binary way to play the matchup.

3 Likes

Without +armored damage, marauders would beat stalkers significantly harder in a fight. I have given this some thought, im not just buffing adepts to be a general combat unit while leaving stalkers as-is.

In my hypothetical vision, if you see protoss accumulating some stalkers and working on blink, then you start making some marauders and/or tanks, who stalkers are now able to fight much less effectively, and give consideration to putting down some missile turrets in areas where they might blink in to scare off whatever theyre going to use to get high ground vision. If theyre committing to stalkers in this scenario theyre choosing to sacrifice a lot of direct offensive power in exchange for more precision damage, so the trick is to control where theyre going to go so you can leverage your superior direct fighting power.

Look, im not specifically against the changes Blizzard is proposing right now, although the warp prism change in particular seems something like a solution in search of a problem, since AFAIK the trouble people are having with warp in is the protoss just dumping hundreds of minerals worth of zealots in a base and leaving them to die, bit I digress. The problem is terrans are QQing worse now than before the announcement. This thread is idiotic, it ignores the history of the matchup, and just serves as a collection of terran tears. Nobody needs that, and nobody is impressed by that. Its one thing to have legitimate concerns, but im not going to talk about them with somebody like Gadwin who defaults to whining about his PP whenever somebody doesn’t back down from his bullying tactics.

1 Like

I think this is the most outstanding issue. There’s so many peaks and valleys to Gateway power. Especially with early Twilight tech. There’s a viable build with each unit set. I think it’s OK for each race to play differently. So buffs need to be very careful.

Also the OP is a terribly misguided post that takes every facet of Protoss completely out of context and tries to paint them in the strongest possible light. Not very healthy. I think the Prism nerf is too big. Protoss should be able to do interesting things in the game. If this Prism nerf goes through, it changes the field for Protoss drastically. I think as a result of that we’re looking at fundamental changes to the race and its units.

In actuality turrets do not fend off observers or hallucinations from giving high ground vision and toss is usually taking an early third behind it while Terran is stuck on two base struggling not to die. The fact that toss out expands terran is a fundamental flaw in the game, it would be similar to blizzard deciding to make it standard for terran to out expand zerg. How would zergs react if they had to play from behind every game. TvP is a very unforgiving matchup for the Terran player, you didn’t open with tanks? You die. you didn’t get a raven? You die. You didn’t pull the scvs quick enough to repair? You die. You didn’t make a depot wall? You die. You didn’t make a Viking to defend a warp prism? You die. Your units are out of position? You die. You didn’t make the perfect unit composition? You die. Name a single Terran player who enjoys tvp. Name a single toss player who doesn’t enjoy tvp.

I saw sOs suiciding 2 Warp Prisms into his games, Hurricane moving DTs into planetary fortress the way you can see some ladder player.

Really… Protoss players have no idea how many times the design of their race has led them where they dont belong and Hurricane went to Semi Final. He isn’t bad but still from Ro32 and 16 to semis

And I won’t even comment how a lot of Protoss (not every though), just go higher leagues with a lot less effort, just cheesey gimmicky builds with low APM

Truth hurts they say

5 Likes

Imagine if they were two medivacs full of marines, instant GG.

1 Like

The balance terran crybabies want is: mix of tier 1 n 2 units can survive in combat with tier 3 units of other races without too much micro
Any buff to their t3 unit is useless because their brain only allowed them to build t2 units thorough the game
When Pro start to use BCs to crush other races with not even A move–just move micro and instant teleport, they just cant handle it
They dun have the brain and adaptability like Z n P plyrs, but when it comes to whine, terran whiners can swarm over the real swarm and their creativity has no limit

4 Likes

He he he he he
You are the real Nemesis of TCF! Your diagnosis is so spot-on that even Dr. Goba was surprised.
Keep-on the good work.
But be careful of the rats that will try to ban you because they fear the light of reason more than cocroaches fear the flood-light.

Curious: how do you know who tries to ban you?

1 Like

Because the rat gloated repeatedly about that. On the other hand i used a century-old name (like melancholy was used for what we know today as depression): Mongolism instead of DNS or Trisomy 21 fearing that the rat would be so illiterate to not understand what Trisomy 21 is.
My care to be understood gained me a charge of racism (the ignoramus thought that i have some issues with the Mongoloid race (which are the best Starcraft players in the world for that matter).
But i know for sure that it was a team-job, there are a half dozen of illustrious whiners that would be more than happy to see me gone…

Dr. Goba will go from the door but will enter from the window…