Problematic Questions

I have a question for you. You said that you will not update SC 2, this is true. But you didn’t say when SC 3 will or will not be released. If SC 3 is not determined and will not be released, you should bring paid updates to SC 2. For example, let a person buy a package and use the coop maps in that package. This would be nice for you and us. Almost all players of SC 2 want SC 3 to be released. I know you don’t love it either, so we won’t update it so we don’t make the players happy. Of course, there is no such thing, but if SC 3 is really canceled, it would be great if you added paid maps, packages or memberships to SC 2. No matter how many years this takes, we will wait!

Why? Why should they do this?

SC3 was never promised to begin with. It cannot be “canceled” because it was never started.

I don’t understand So not updating a game like this is ridiculous. Won’t you please intervene?

1 Like

First off, nobody here works for Blizzard, so none of us can intervene. Secondly, The game is close to 14 years old. What is ridiculous is expecting them to keep updating it forever.

1 Like

Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over again, this is like the 4th post now among the 10 or so you made about the same 2 things. And as keithar said, there is no one here that works at blizzard. The forums are for players, and only players post. Yes there are forum moderators that can help contact blizzard, but they do not work for blizzard, ( despite the very bad placement of the customer support tag they get for some odd reason.)

You have been told now countless times that there is absolutely no developement for the game and that as of right now sc3 is not in the works, and yet you keep spaming the same post over and over and over again.

do you know what insanity is, its doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome.

3 Likes

Do not you understand? I don’t want you to interfere! Let customer support decide this. I don’t need this game. I only wanted it because I loved it, but I waited in vain. It is not clear whether you actually made a game or something else!

Customer Support definitely does not get to decide when a game is developed.

im starting to think this dude is just a troll. theres no way that he simply cant comprehend that there is no sc2 development, that there is no sc3 in the works, and that the forums are not customer support, but a place for players to come and discuss stuff about the game, not beg customer support for support, which there is none, and has been told such already.

I’m not a troll, you stupid head! I want an update because I love this game. What could I want for!?

1 Like

I only read properly the main post but:

• The company lost a lot of the people involved in the original StarCraft and the beginnings of SC2.
  • The company got bought by Activision
  • The company got in some legal trouble
  • The company stopped SC2 development
  • Recently The company got bought by Microsoft
  • Even more people working for the company were fired

If the situation was way less complicated, your requests may land somewhere, but right now it’s so much of a mess than expecting stuff anytime soon is unreasonable, even with the best hopes for a more far future.

It’s more reasonable to have community built since they did give us decent sc map editor.

So it wouldn’t be to hard to bring in units from game that exist or build combination from units to gather.

I am not modded but I don’t think be to hard to to make Baneling shoot Helios flame now it might be hard Or impossible to make it shoot in the rear instead of the front and give movement speed 6.

Plus’s I don’t think balance team is for balance but to give nerfs to enemy that’s thier build been working can win. None so called balance is actually for balance.

In the end-of-development announcement, Bliz explicitly stated that there would be no more paid content.

As for making SC2 subscription based after 14 years, as I’ve said before: speak for yourself. Changing to a subscription model would gouge the playerbase, thereby pushing the game into deeper ‘dead game’ territory, especially now.

1 Like

The only update this game need is having interface change to add play test for community maps more easier where community picks the maps to be played.

Then with up voting and down voting sytem with enough upvotes can be used in rank playlist.

This game provides most of tools where u don’t need developers only moderators except they didn’t add features in interface to make streamline. This what games need and once they decide close servers then they need sell server side the community keep it alive as long they want.

Bliz tried that in 2014. It was a disaster. Only a few weeks into the season, Bliz was forced to take the community’s map list down and replace it with their own.

The guy just parroting Batz who in turn [insert: I am an expert statistician, politician, software dev, game developer] that knows the game will prosper and be revived wehn SC2 made the P2P->F2P->SUB P2P wouldn’t you know, best decision ever

2 Likes

Sc2 hasn’t had to innovate because there hasn’t been any competition in its corner. New sins of a solar empire, zero space, stormgate, and now there is talk that david kim has his own rts game. What is sc2 going to do in response as players bail?

Nothing? They dont need to do anything. There hasnt been any development on the game for years, and they’ve almost certainly gotten all the money theyre going to get from selling the campaign packs, coop commanders and skin sets.

Because there isn’t competition. Why do you think all these rts games are sprouting up? It’s because they smell blood in tge water. They know sc2 is weak. Sc2 used to be strong, and you’dwaste your time making a new game becausenobody would play it. They know they can enter the market, because the consumers are dissatisfied enough they will spend money on new content.

When you say “all these” do you mean two? Made by the Ex-blizzard staff? Heck, is it even two anymore? The only relevant one I know of off hand is Stormgate, and that one is more or less being made by the former Starcraft team.

There are at least 6 that I know of. 3 are public and 1 is a rumor.