Prestige talents conflicting mastery

Hello,

I’ve noticed that certain prestige-provided changes absolutely nullifies the usage of certain mastery points.

For example Zagara’s 1st mastery set includes Zagara attack damage and Zagara energy regeneration. If you choose the prestige that makes her unavailable, what’s the point of that mastery set? Last, but not least Zagara will be able to use only 2 of her total 6 choices of mastery. You won’t be able to use infested drop and mass frenzy either.

Does this mean that if you choose a prestige, you don’t have access to mastery points at all? Or how to imagine this?

1 Like

It’d be nice if infested drop and frenzy were added to a top bar or to the hatcheries if you take that prestige

You still have full access to the mastery points by picking Scourge Queen.

It’s just that mastery sets 1 and 3 won’t do anything because you don’t have Zagara.

I like that her calldowns aren’t on a top bar, and disable when she’s gone or dead.

Are other commanders impacted by this mismatch?

Yes, I just reaized that frenzy and roach modifying masteries are in the same tier. So only one tier can be used. I still feel this unequal. Other commanders will be able to use all 3 tiers.

1 Like

Also, would it automatically remove the Zagara upgrades in the Evo chamber or you will have to watch out not to research them? (This question is true for all other possible commanders in the same case where something is disabled.)

They’re removed and replaced with a lock symbol that explains the prestige disabled them

I think they should either keep Zagara in a nerfed version (maybe 50% ability and summoned unit damage, and 50% frenzy efficiency) so two-thirds of her masteries doesn’t become irrelevant, or maybe to increase the supply to a full 200 to compensate for losing so many of her mastery options.

I think this is assumed in the balancing of the Prestige… 50 additional supply is big for Zagara.