Prestige System Is Aweful

Level 1 commanders are so bad. Making everyone go back to level 1 54 times simply has to go.

16 Likes

I agree about it being excessive. Thats why im only doing it the bare minimum number of times needed to get to the prestiges i want. Its too much grinding to me to want to do it fo cos i dont care for.

2 Likes
  • Choose your Prestige
    and
  • Prestige benefits available from level 1

would help the fun of releveling for prestige a lot

• Mastery available while releveling

would also help since many prestiges significantly change with mastery

8 Likes

You dont “have” to do it. They arent making you do anything. If you dont care about the prestige, then just… dont unlock it.

9 Likes

The completionist “I have to do it” mentality can suck the fun out of a lot of things not just games.

Personally I actually enjoyed re-leveling some commanders but some were a grind. But at this point I got the prestiges I’m interested in, and I am back playing mastery commanders for now. I’ll probably do some others in the future.

My advice with gaming is to prioritize your personal fun over completion / achievement.

6 Likes

I usually play on brutal and have no problem. I have lost more games on hard difficulty in the last month re-leveling than I had lost in the last year on brutal. They dumped all the prestige at once meaning both you and your partner are weak as hell. Stupid stupid horrible system.

Not the system is flawed but actually the people that think brutal is a cakewalk anyway and join with lvl 1 expecting to get carried like always before by a highlevel mastery ally.

Just that there is no such ally and they loose alot. And theres the tricky part: they dont seem to learn. Ive met people barely able to do anything against a brutal amon and had like over 50% losses in their history. LOL

3 Likes

First of all, i do agree that several commanders are extremely frustrating to level. For me, Zagara before P2 and Vorazun before level 10 are super annoying.

Still very doable on brutal and still pull your weight though.

If you can’t do it, do remember that the original “recommended level” to play Brutal is level 15.

3 Likes

Yea having the commanders go back to 1 x and getting them to 15 is really annoying, Also people don’t have their masteries when you prestige at level 1, so i definitely agree, i dunno why they did this… not all of the prestiges are that good imo… I just don’t get it… i definitely think they need to do something to make prestiging easier…

During the Summer they had a warchest, which gave 50% more experience helping you level, but as of Oct 1st it ends… and leveling up your commanders is gonna be even harder, depending on your skill level…

If you suck at brutal, hard, you’re gonna have a hell of a time leveling up… I wonder why they did that…

2 Likes

I think it really depends on the person, many people before the prestige system came out were asking for a way to delevel themselves. And honestly, if your commander doesn’t have enough power for you to push through Brutal then

I feel this is the right take. You don’t have to level fully on Hard, just do it until you unlock those key points that were missing for your CO of choice.

2 Likes

Yup i usually stay on normal, or hard for my lower levels, then once i get to 10 or above i try brutal, it just depends i guess… on what i feel like doing :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s the system that’s stupid and horrible, definitely not the person.

Knowingly going into a game with 2 x sub15 commanders and losing must be because the system is poorly designed. Definitely not player’s self-overestimation.

If you can’t solo or carry brutal/hard/normal games, then don’t do it on that difficulty. Or accept the fact that your win rate isn’t 100% and be satisfied with 70% or 50% or whatever you’re comfortable with.

2 Likes

If they had released the prestige 1 commander at a time so you wouldn’t both be below max level instead of dumping them all at once. The all get released at once was a bad idea.

2 Likes

Releasing them one at a time would have been terrible for match making times. Probably even worse than when a new commander is released.

Plus doing it the way they did allowed players to get the prestiges they wanted the most before warchest ended.

7 Likes

They got to do something. This is taking forever to go through these relevelings with weak as hell low level commanders.

2 Likes

No, they dont have to do something. It will stay exactly as it is. You will have to deal with it. As people mentioned. nobody forces you to level your commanders. Some people already have nearly all, or even every single one prestige unlocked. So maybe it is not as tough, as you think it is.

3 Likes

Yeah the system is a joke but never speak against your corporate masters right?

1 Like

The best thing to do, I think, is to look at those commanders whose levelling process is particularly painful and rebalance their progression like they did with Stetmann. Now that there’s a reason to level commanders multiple times, streamlining the progression experience in particularly egregious cases becomes a genuine priority.

Some prospective candidates:
– Vorazun, who doesn’t get Time Stop until level 10
– Zagara, whose most impactful talents are all post level-10, and whose hero is fairly weak until level 15
– Karax, who doesn’t get instant structures until level 11
– Alarak, who doesn’t get Ascendants until level 8 (and their upgrades until level 12)

2 Likes

Having finished leveling prestiges last night, I agree that every commander’s leveling process should be altered like Stetmann’s. If every prestige could be mostly-unlocked within 5 levels, it’d make the rest of the leveling process a bit more fun (looking at you, Fenix P2). It’d also let people start experimenting with the playstyle earlier as they unlock further benefits.

1 Like

Akarak completly obliterates anything with mass slayers after he unlocks empower me (lvl 5). No need to change this.

1 Like