Prestige Synergies Discussion

What cool combos have you discovered while playing prestige? Eg. Synergy between commanders?

One cool one I discovered by accident was when I was levelling Stetmann and I met a Lon Wolf Tychus. The mecha infestors UMIC Charging Protocol provided the healing for Tychus to do sustained strong dps over time

Theoretically the same would apply to Brood Brother Dehaka prestige, since a solo Dehaka has little micro problems for survival, the mecha infestor buff would rectify any micro issues a dual Dehaka might have

I also found the perma stetzones to be an incredible buff for commanders requiring vision, synergizing well with SoA Karax and Artanis Nexus Legate

What other Prestige synergies have you all discovered?

1 Like

Fight under Vorazun’s Dark Pylon’s (large/max radius) using the first Prestige (cloaked units emergency recall at the DP, with full health and shields). Very well with semi-disposable high DPS units like Raynor’s marines on prest 1, or Lone Wolf Tychus, etc. They get back into battle asap.

Another would be Artanis’ prest 1 with Vora prest 1. Again, cheap mass-able units fighting under DP for nearby respawn - after Arty’s Guardian shell save.

Defense Karax under Vora’s DPs - for higher 400% shield regen rate. But that’s not prestige related.

Side note for Artanis using Nexus Legate: Keep one observer sieged right in the middle of the power field. So whenever you place it elsewhere, observer is present.

Karax prestige 1 is great along with protoss commanders as their nexus chrono can be given to his static.

Zeratul prestige 1 can make prestige 2 Artanis very disgusting, expect new cheeses. Actually the supercloak is a great support to deal with attack waves overall, but can be used as obj snipe too.

Mengsk prestige 1 can be used as either a pushing tool or kill a bunch of units anywhere on the map, this + Swann drill, Karax SoA, Nova and Tychus teleportation can abuse the vision and fear.

One in theory is if Mengsk thors can provide the armor buff to allies, if yes then Raynor and Nova bio can be further tanky.

Yeah, Mengsk+Karax prestige 1 is ultra fast attack speed massive damage ESO’s and basically they ruin everything forever with impunity.

6 Likes

I love a Karax ally when I was playing Scourge Queen Zagara. Each chrono wave spawns around 2-3 dozen banelings. Soooo much fun.

3 Likes

Zag’s first one couples well with several, but I’ll add that when given access to HH’s salvage, even building the expo becomes pointless. Resources are just lying everywhere all the time.

I feel Kerrigan’s malignant creep mastery also pairs well with Artanis (with Nexus legate, teleporting wherever creep is with 60% att speed buff and life regen) and Dehaka (60% att speed buff on enemy creep). Against zerg this is an unholy buff for allies, or on defense maps.

Kerrigan I feel also goes well with Abathur’s Essence Hoarder prestige. With the attack speed buff and Abathur’s ability to spread creep everywhere with a ground based build, it lends him a lot of increased firepower.

It would also work well with Tychus’ Lone Wolf mastery which appreciates the life regeneration

Has anyone tried Karax with Zagara’s bile launchers?

One really silly combo I found when playing P1 Karax on Oblivion Express with a P1 Mengsk ally. For starters, I didn’t realize P1 Karax allowed his chrono abilities to apply to all allied defensive structures, not just his. As such, they apply to Mengsk’s Earthsplitter Ordinance as well. So I parked a few energizers next to Mengsk’s mortars for even higher attack speed, and then when I activated Chrono Wave… it was magical, an absolute zone of death wherever he was aiming, they were firing so fast.

4 Likes

I haven’t tried but couldn’t a super cloak Nova with Swann to just walk into enemy lines while the lazer drill killed everything? You can totally cheese SoA for sure.

1 Like

Void Slivers have a base of 1500 hp + 4000 shields. Later ones you fight gain extra shields. IIRC, it’s just straight up +4K shields for every Sliver slain? Assuming that, a Void Sliver with 1500hp + 20K shield will take 7m20 to kill assuming lv3 laser (50dmg/s) is used, and it can ignore armor (don’t remember if it does or now). That may not be enough time (IIRC, each leg only gives you around no more than that amount of time)

OTOH…
AFAIK, using a nuke (which BTW for that P3, +50% radius and -50% cd) doesn’t boot her off super cloak, so all the better!

Plus, you can pile on the laser drill’s Concentrated Beam and Pulse Cannon to further pile on damage. Nova’s Airstrike, and Swann’s Warbots can be used to snipe down Slivers about to die, so those should be enough to push it over the edge.

She can do nuke and sabotage drone without losing stealth.

Has anyone checked if Karax’s chrono affects HnH strike fighter platforms?

There’s also stetmann mecha infestor UMIC charging protocol combined with Kerrigan P3 crushing grip for endless crushing grips

Besides that I guess is karax unit prestige combined with alarak tyrant ascendant for massive pushing power

Here’s some:

• Nova P3 is great for any commander with a strong top bar (e.g. Swann, Karax, H&H.)

• P1 Kerrigan + Any Stukov/Abathur

• Lone Wolf + any detection/healing

• H&H P1 + Swann

1 Like

Does it also effect Stukov’s Infested Bunkers? Particularly with his P3 with +200% Spawn rate in said bunkers? Because… uh… that seems BONKERS.

I think it does since it even applies to the infested colonist compound’s spawn

Meme builds guys? :joy:

2 Likes

That sounds perfectly deadly to the frame rate…

3 Likes

It probably boosts attack, but not spawn rate…needs to ba checked though