Potential Bug in Random Mission Selector: Vermillion Problem

After a couple hundred random missions over the past few weeks to months, probably even ever since the Prestige was released, I have gotten almost all missions a respectable few times each. Average about 5-10 for everything.

All except for Vermillion Problem.

It is the only mission that has not appeared in my random mission selector even once for a really long time. I suspect that the random mission selector is bugged and doesn’t factor that mission into my pool of random missions.

I’m getting them just fine.

A part of it will be slightly skewed by the other player’s choice during match up (ie. if they selected say DoN or random map or whatever).

Not getting it at all definitely is kind of off. Have you taken a look with M’s overlay? To see exactly the percentage?

I get it reasonably often (playing on EU).
Random can be weird sometimes.

I get it all the time

Kind of unrelated but just asking, I got this bug at VP where if you kill a Molten Salamander at right timing, a bug occurs where Donnie’s portrait freezes and he silently stares at you through the entirety of the game.

I had this bug when I was playing Pre-mastery Zeratul. Did anyone rand to this bug before?

1 Like

Never saw that.

As for the initial topic, it’s probably just the other players manually picking a map, and the RNG not forcing itself to compensate for this by giving you maps evenly.

Yeah, I’ve literally had runs of 3xDon multiple times, 4xDoN a few, and 5xDoN once while I’m going random map random CO queue.

Others too as far as crazy frequencies but it does happen and I totally understand it’s annoying lol.

How do I do that?

What even is “M’s overlay”?

It’s Maguro’s SC2 Coop Overlay.

There’s a main app and an in-game overlay.

For example, the main app can be used to see all sorts of stats, such as the frequency of a particular map:

4 Likes