Portraits and Achievement/Co-op/Campaign Points at 0

Sometimes after I play versus for a bit, my portrait disappears, and then when I enter the loading screen before a game, it turns into a bird.

Sometimes when I log in, my achievement score shows up as 0

This is the same for co-op - level 0 everything

And the campaign - 0 progress

I have to restart the game for everything to reappear correctly. Anyone else experience this?

ive been experiencing the portraits disappearing lately. Almost half the time i restart the game. Havent seen none of the other stuff tho, just the portraits gone. And its not just mine its everyones i play against, like if i play 3v3 ladder everyone portraits are gone on the load screen.

1 Like

It seems with SC2 being out of development, some parts of the game service are slowly deteriorating.

During the game initialization, it must try to contact the server(s) and pull down one’s account data. If the server(s) take to too long/doesn’t respond, then the game just continues initializing without the data.

Everything you’ve mentioned has been going on for a while and is slowly getting more common. Hopefully it gets looked at before it starts failing more than succeeding.

In addition to the reports I’ve seen, I’ve personally seen some of the things you mentioned.

• The portrait issue has been reported a few times in the last couple weeks, so it seems to be something fairly new. I too have seen mine and other people’s disappear.

• I’ve also had my coop commanders show both as all level 1 and as all level 0 a few times too. On occasion, my Ascension level disappears and all my commanders are at Mastery 90. There’s sporadic been reports of those for a while.

• I’ve had my campaign achievements all reset to 0%

Like you mentioned, restarting the game tends to fix it.

EDIT: Lol. While writing this I was loading up SC2 in the background and there it was!

Coop: All level 0 (which isn’t possible), Ascension and Mastery gone:

Campaign achievements reset to 0%:

1 Like

Yeah, SC2 cache things in a weird way, and sometimes fail to fill the cache at all, or fill it with data from wrong source.
My most recent unusual experience, pushing aside breakdowns of skins after coop or experience gained on the dice of random commander which are usual, was trying to play coop after playing a replay, causing my portrait to be switched to something else.

There are plenty of ways to make it bug on purpose, and when you add the ways to make it bug not on purpose, it qualify that as a very common thing.

Very unfortunate. Didn’t really have any of these issues a year ago. Oh well. At least it’s not 100% broken :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.