Please go back and update Wings of Liberty + Heart of the Swarm

In comparison to Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void, Wings of Liberty has two main things that set it apart from the other games in the trilogy;

• The lack of ability to select your army path and upgrades from the Master Archives (Not to be mistaken with Mission Archives that you get in-game, Master Archives is from the main menu after you complete the campaign.)
  • The Tal’darim units should be updated with at least the correct colors (fixing it from light blue to red) if not giving them their proper unit skins and colors from Legacy of the Void and Nova Covert Ops. This also seems to be a lore issue within Heart of the Swarm, specifically the Phantoms of the Void mission.

While it’s almost entirely unlikely, I’d like to see these changes brought into Wings of Liberty to make it more in-line with the other two games in the trilogy.

1 Like

While this would be very cool to see, I wouldn’t expect them to do this for such an old game now.

I’m not holding my breath either. Being able to select tech paths and explore other options after a completed campaign would be a nice QoL change though.

2 Likes

“not holding my breath”…
The only reason companies “remaster” old games is so that they can sell them again. Even if someone on Blizzard would love to improve on the old games, you have to remember – it’s a corporation, – and corporations work for profit – not charity and neither sentiments. Despite how much brand loyalty there is and how you think of them as your family – they are not.
Obviously, all of the campaigns are long sold and won’t see any increase in sales. While companies do make quality of life improvements and other things for their product, they are done for the LIVE product that brings in the revenue.

I feel as though this is meant to take a stab at me.
I know all of this already. This was a simple request that doesn’t require a remaster. It’s only a skin swap for some maps, and a structure changing for one small section of the post campaign. Nothing else is getting touched.

1 Like

The one thing I’ll never understand is why the change wasn’t made at the release of LotV. It was awhile ago, but even W3: Frozen Throne implemented some of the tweaks it made to the original Reign of Chaos, such as stat tomes no longer being inventory items.

2 Likes

May be on purpose.
Alarak’s Tal’darim seems to have been the minions of Amon for ages, and be proud of it, but the ones met in WoL are more vaguely referring to gods, maybe they should be considered descendants of ancients Tal’darim, that would have evolved into a different direction than others, but still kept the same name?

Nope. They mention their gods (Which would be the Xel’naga, since they created both the Zerg and the Protoss), the Breath of Creation (Terrazine, referred to as a gift from their gods), and things “not being borne by the faithful” (which Amon wants to keep others from figuring out what’s going on while under Ma’lash’s rule.)
Tal’darim are red by faction lore, which is shown in LotV and NCO. Come to think of it, they didn’t fix this in HotS either, considering the Tal’darim that serves under Narud/Duran in Phantoms of the Void.

1 Like

I forget who it was (it might have been TheBentOne), but someone mentioned how the Tal’darim are the defining example of Bliz not knowing wth they were doing throughout SC2’s storytelling. The faction quite literally went through 3 different iterations from WoL to HotS and finally LotV/NCO that do nothing but contradict one another.

2 Likes

We can all hopefully agree that the final version is the best one though.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I’ve always found the Tal’darim being the cliche evil “black/red” color scheme by the time of LotV kinda lame. At the very least, they could have shoved some purple in there to coincide with their love for Terrazine.

1 Like

Purple would be good.

2 Likes