Please give access to old warchests and portraits

Blizzard, can you please allow the purchase of old warchests and portrait packs?
I’m a huge Classic fan and want to buy the portraits from WCS 2018. There doesn’t seem to be any sense in withholding them from the community - its free money for Blizzard?
I contacted support on the matter and they confirmed that these portraits are no longer available for purchase, and was told to express my opinion here. It seems dumb that hovering over these portraits ingame shows a message of “To unlock purchase the …” of an item that cannot be purchased.

Please review this decision, you literally have nothing to lose but money and appreciation to gain.

Thank you

12 Likes

No replies how does this make you feel?

Or just completely remove these portraits for users which did not purchase Warchests. They are getting in the way when you check the portraits which are still possible to earn.

1 Like

Yeah no replies is not great, but I guess its not a really a hot topic to many people, but still important to me.

But why would you want to remove the portraits? At the time they were available in 2018 I couldn’t afford to pay for these, but now I can. As I said its money for Blizzard - it would be nice for them to use this money to put towards paying staff for further updates/changes rather than just trying to find the “perfect balance” and then just ditching sc2, or continuing in giving a portion of it to the players.

2 Likes

Would be nice having access to the older content of WarChests.+1

7 Likes

Keep trying man cause I would love some of the old portraits. Honestly I love them and think they are great but there were a few years I just didnt play so I missed out. I have been able to buy most of the skins in game that I missed, but the disappointing part is I would love those portraits. Keep trying Id love to see em come out

2 Likes

I think it comes down to the revenue earned vs manpower (or time) required.

Considering that Activision has officially announced that they will cut off support for SC2, I don’t think this will ever happen.

Stop by this thread if you like to show support for the old War Chest content. It’s been running for a while with a lot of views.

SC2 is still supported. What’s been discontinued is development of new, paid content. And depending how deep one reads into that, it could mean discontinuing all new development, paid or not.

But either way, you’re right. It’s possible Blizzard isn’t interested in providing the old War Chest content if they are done with new SC2 development.

1 Like

I agree with what you say MicroJFox, it isn’t a hot topic here in the forums, but I feel there’s some people keen on getting those contents, and hence why I think it’s necessary just to keep trying. It’s the best we can do. I know it can be a little frustrating knowing the game isn’t as supported as before, but it’s worth the shot anyway.

Have a nice day.

1 Like