Please adjust cargo, and size for swarm host

Could you please consider reducing the swarm hosts model size slightly and granting them a smaller cargo size of 2 or 3?

No one drops them, they take up too much space and there is no room for other units to go with them.

They are so large they clog up the army which makes them hard to use as fire and retreat siege weapons. Terran has libs and Protoss has oracles. Can we please have an easier to use mid-tier harasser?

It would also be nice if the spine rooted a bit faster. Its hard to reposition static-d (its too vulnerable for too long) which is a really cool zerg thing.

And furthermore it is my opinion that the spine crawler should root faster.

1 Like

u gotta think about the weight of the locusts when keeping cargo size in mind:

one swarm host is 1250 pounds, each locust adds 50 pounds

1350 lbs is 67.5% of the way to one ton of weight

the heaviest zerg unit is the hatchery, weighing in at 5.5 tons (11,000 pounds)

just imagine the physical strain of being a dropperlord ;___;

Good point they need a few weeks on a treadmill. Most of that bulk is retained water. They just need to go the gym and stop eating pickles and ice cream.

Comparing the transit rectum of a overlord to a peterosaur or a bird is unfair. Commercial air balloons can lift 2 1/2 tons easy.

Plenty of room for a hydra or a pair of lings to nestle up to a swarmhost.

I’m pretty sure their Size is more of a balancing reason. Prehaps it was because they can get great value out of them. They are amazing offence to poke the enemy base with.

Worse case, have 8-16 of them and split them in half so you can hit two different bases. Or even have one crew to hit the top of the enemy base while the other Swarm Host hits them from the bottom.

I was speaking specifically of dropping them.

Why would you ever need to drop a swarmhost?
Just use nydus and keep swarmhosts inside at all time, pop out send locusts back into nydus.

It makes them more mobile and safer than any overlord drop could ever achieve and since locusts can fly theres no reason to get closer than a screen away from your target anyway.

But i like drops. I want to put them behind mineral walls and in strange corners without the shriek of a nydus giving the game away.

For the drop suggestion, it wouldnt even change anything since its better to use nydus, so it would end up as a strange adjustment wich would potentially snowball into every unit gets looked at for cargo space (its mostly suply based).

As for spines needing to root faster, im not sure im following why thats needed.

They used to root faster, but they nerfed it and never switched it back.

It’s a good idea, but all sieging units have increased cargo… for a reason.