Plague Warden is garbage

Because infested banshees aren’t viable.

That is all.

2 Likes

Infested Banshees always attack in single target because their hit scan range is as short as their range (extending hit scan by 0.5 is a solution).
Other than that they are good for hit and run terror and sniping IMO.

It would be neat if Stukov’s air units can spread plagues to units and buildings.
That way Stukov can perform even more deadlier hit and run tactic and weakening enemies with more remarkable result.
I made a demo version of it (it is a brief simulation of the concept)
Link: https://youtu.be/N2IrPmGMhZE

Infested Liberator can deal plague effect to air/colossus units (even buildings).
Imfested Banshee can bloat Infested infantry with their plague virus and launch them at the enemy ground units/building.

Thank you, for “Plague Warden” Stukov is playing “clean” if you catch my drift.

2 Likes

I agree, I like the idea in your video.

Infested banshees in general just feel like they should have been infested wraiths, and infested liberators for some reason just don’t have the multiplayer anti-ground mode…

I mean it’s not the end of the world, just no reason to go plague warden unless you just wanna have fun.

2 Likes

It’s fine. Mostly because the disadvantage is really minimal.
With plague warden Banshees have the splash damage to deal with multiple units (infested volley impact does damage), and their single target damage has always been okay.
You don’t need to mass banshees, even 4 of them to carry a wave of 64 infested civs is a great investment and can erase ground attack waves with the splash damage alone. Then you can pick them up again and throw those infested civs at the enemy base.

this is crap, that is garbage, this sucks. You really learn to give proper feedback - and show at least a small amount of respect.

5 Likes

You are crap, you are garbage, you suck :smiley:

5 Likes

I like the banshees but i dont consider them good units.
Their cost is still too high and their dps is okayish.

2 Likes

Co-op is a totally different game compared to melee. AI doesn’t build units from mineral and gas, but summons them from somewhere.

Design theory of banshee is creating a unit for harassing workers to slacken unit building. But that theory is meaningless in co-op. This is why banshee sucks in co-op.

Now, for Stukov’s 2nd prestige, it can make ally laugh, that’s all. If I am so damn in desire of faster movement of units, I’d rather build one more command center to more creep, not build banshees.

4 Likes

What is your take on Plague Warden Ridley?

I tried the prestige and it was pretty fun to spew Infested against the enemy lines like Broodlords but that was pretty much it.
But there was so minimal change in prestige and became underwhelming (for a prestige standard).
It was close to QoL upgrade than actual prestige.
Maybe they considered giving “plague” effect to Infested to spread but that is too soon for times like these (Cough Cough Corona Cough Cough. uh oh).

Would be nice if the IB can bloat infested into Violatile infested (with low chance) within them.

As IB the main transport, the Infested won’t need it much anyway.
I was also thinking of removing Infested Siege Tanks to reduce defensive capability.

Raynor and Nova’s Banshees would like a word with you, sir.

2 Likes

… Uhhhh… Raynor and Nova’s Banshees have AoE damage though?

2 Likes

That’s the point. iamgaming is saying that Banshees suck in Co-op in general. Raynor’s and Nova’s have AoE which makes them good.

1 Like

Yea I was confused why stukov’s didn’t tbh, I was watching the banshees kill infested/lings and they were so slow cause no aoe and they also overkill a bunch, then vs armoured units they’re also ineffective because the attack is split in two, the kiting capabilities also seem worse than multiplayer…

What does he get in return? Stone form, flat health, and +2 range while cloaked… like if it weren’t for the health, I’m not sure whether this banshee is even better than the one in multiplayer…

2 Likes

I would strengthen the attack bonus that launching infested give (maybe a plague effect)
and allow the banshees to auto pickup the infested like the tank

Balance it by removing their creep movement bonus (in addition to the time reduction)

2 Likes

Furthermore, why does infested liberator not have a ground attack? Are you telling me anti-air damage mitigation is worth losing the ability to attack ground?

Plague warden was the prestige where you could make stukov’s starport units (except queen) actually worth it. Here’s an idea, swap them out entirely for infested wraiths and valkries, no reason to remove the liberator ground attack when you can just use the bw anti-air unit…

1 Like

I agree, and that is why Stukov’s banshee sucks !@#!$.

Burrow alone doesn’t do anything. There are very few projectile units that manage to be worse than Stukov’s Banshee, and we are talking about the worst units in coop like vorazun’s stalker and zagara’s corruptor.

I found a really niche, fun to play, horribly vulnerable comp with Stukov playing Banshee/Diamondback. The single damage was so high you could obliterate objectives in a split second. But when fighting an army? It was cringy to watch.

I’m glad they gave the Banshee some love, but I’m not sure that should be in the form of a prestige, would rather have that baseline tbh…

3 Likes

Vorazun’s Stalkers are pretty good though. Blink Stalkers in general are actually pretty good. Having shield regen and cloak on Blink is… Well… For lack of better terms, pretty nutty. With proper micro, you can lose so few Stalkers in the course of a game.
Most times DT/Corsair or mass VR is better, but against various Brutations, Blink Stalker is the cheaper, more cost-efficient build.

1 Like

Plague warden needs to allow an upgrade for banshees to fill with infested over time at some points it is very hard to restock the banshees for another drop on an objective due to the infested compound being super slow to spawn infested and getting barracks is a bad idea go for the infested bunkers for the free infested marines for 4 supply it’s just a slow process to load your infested into the banshees and they don’t get anything to boost their movement speed. it seems to be weak in some cases but it is too slow to do anything with and if your enemy has some form of aoe all your infested die in seconds.

1 Like

Next thing you will be wondering why carriers or tempest take so long to kill infested on DoN. Maybe make a unit that counters the problem you are facing instead? I use banshee on train map, specially against reaver/immortal/colossus enemy composition for example. One unit banshee counters the whole set up.

Infested Banshees already ruined my cloak/decloak hotkeys by having that with burrow/unburrow and therefore making them conflict. Now they also have load/unload which makes even more of my hotkeys conflict.

Before Infested Banshees were a thing, I had unload all, cloak, and burrow all be on the same hotkey because that’s one of the biggest benefits of The Core hotkey setup. But because of this one gimmick unit, the hotkeys for my regular banshees, transports, bunkers, and omega worms all got messed up. And I had to remap my hotkeys and learn them again from scratch, all for a single meme unit that’s not even good.

I don’t even care what their prestige thing does; I’m just so angry that it blew up my hotkey setup and muscle memory yet again. Why not just have its commands assignable to separate hotkeys?

6 Likes